Field Service Engineer-Xi’an
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health. We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with employees in 15 countries and growing. None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success, shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Our international markets have a significant expansion opportunity, with a consumer penetration focus, category creation and expansion, and new market expansion. In Cynosure’s international division, we are investing for growth both in marketing direct to consumer, proactively building an omni-channel approach including online and developing the best distributor partnerships while flexing to embrace relevant and meaningful adjacent categories.
The Field Service Engineer performs direct service activities on Cynosure medical aesthetic products in the field. The role will provide a high level of service to customers on the installation, repair, service, maintenance, or enhancement of hardware and/or software products.
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Install instruments at customer sites.
- Repair, test, calibrate and install laser systems, sub-systems and/or sub-assemblies within KPIs
- Provide instrument and sample preparation training to customers.
- Provide emergency service and repairs and Preventative Maintenance as requested by customers.
- Report to supervisor any potential problems which could impact timely completion of assigned tasks, equipment shortcomings, and more complex equipment problems
- Maintain complete and accurate service records
- Interact with customers and monitor accounts
- Provide on-site technical support for workshops and/or shows
- Provide technical support and business guidance remotely through call center on non-scheduled service days.
- Promote service agreements to customers.
- Maintenance and accuracy of assigned inventory.
- Continually develop, exercise and maintain excellent customer relations skills
- Continually develop company and product Knowledge
- Special assignments and administrative duties as directed by Field Service Manager or designate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor
People & Leadership Responsibilities
- Clear communication to customers on issues and solutions
- Clear communication within team to allow best practice sharing and continuous improvement
- Advise less experienced team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mechanical manufacturing, automation. Optics is preferred.
- English CET-4 above is preferred (Good English: can read documents/write email in English)
- Familiarity with computers, DOS, Word and Excel
- 3+ years related field service experience in troubleshooting medical electronics equipment.
- Technically oriented with hands on Laser technical experience is a must.
- Demonstrate familiarization with basic Laser technology and applications
- Salesforce knowledge is preferred.
- Frequently travel is required.
- Focus on detail and accuracy
- Good team spirit and good communication skills
- Careful thinking and good at analyzing problems
- Customer service oriented: integrity and honesty
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Resilience - Can work under pressure and control emotions.
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
☐ Education and experience combination:
☐ Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐ Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐ Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Area of Study: electronics or equivalent experience preferred
☒ 2 to 5 years relevant experience
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☒Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- Potential Exposure to blood.
- Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, ender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Famille d'emplois Field Engineering
- Fonction professionnelle Field Service
- Type de paie Salaire
- Xi'an, Shaanxi, Chine