Area Sales Manager, Florida - Off Premise
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future, and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York, and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly, and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility, and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of Sr. Director of Sales, the Area Sales Manager is responsible for leading sales and execution in our Key North Florida markets, as well as achieving all volume and distribution goals for The Wine Group, Inc. portfolio of brands. The Area Sales Manager will also be responsible for developing and executing pricing/programming strategies in coordination with the TWG Leadership Team. Additionally, the role will have responsibility for both General Market Channel (independent channel) and Key Regional Accounts. This entails strategy creation and distributor channel leadership management. This role is eligible for remote-based work. There will be routine travel within assigned markets, specifically high-volume market support required in North Florida. The preferred candidate will be located within easy commuting distance of the Northern Florida market.
- Responsible for building and owning relationships in retail independent accounts and Key Regional Accounts along with a high focus on Distributor Management.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives.
- Manage depletion and distribution objectives for the off premise and retail channels in Florida.
- Collaborate with TWG management team to ensure new item and monthly retail priority execution is being achieved.
- Schedule and lead effective distributor sales meetings with all levels of management.
- Introduce creative sales execution concepts, share across state lines/regions if successful and aspire to be a leader in best practices.
- Administrative responsibilities include complete monthly CPR, complete monthly phasing calendar, maintain working key account list, and complete any relevant Travel and Entertainment expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage assigned budgets including incentives, travel and entertainment, and other departmental expenses.
- Ensure all sales practices are compliant with state and company policies/law.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Results oriented, innovation, strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Sr Sales Director.
- BA degree or equivalent experience and proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 5 or more years of sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or related business with knowledge and passion for both commercial and premium wines.
- Must have strong understanding and working knowledge of alcoholic beverage industry retail environment and be able to work independently to achieve goals.
- Intermediate wine knowledge or associated certifications preferred.
- Must be adaptive to change within organization and industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel with overnight stays as needed.
- Display integrity, character, and strong leadership skills.
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record.
- Position operates in a professional office environment.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks.
- Ability to travel frequently between home office, client sites, and industry meeting/events within the North Florida market.
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $69,400 - $104,200
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Distributors
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $69,400.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,200.00
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Tampa, FL, USA