Operations Supervisor (All Shifts) - Ripon
Under the direction of the Technical Operations Director, Technical Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervision of all bottling production personnel. You will be leading teams of high-performance technical operators on high-speed bottling and packaging lines. The Technical Operations Supervisor is a leader of bottling operations, a driver of teams meeting or exceeding daily production needs and all department KPI’s. Technical Operations Supervisor is a steward of the company’s values, asking questions, challenging the status-quo. Technical Operations Supervisor is the shepherd of safety, quality, and performance in Tech Ops department. The ideal candidate needs to have an Engineering Degree or passion for manufacturing-operations, and equipment. Possessing an enthusiasm for leading, mentoring, coaching of team members in manufacturing.
- Candidate must have a passion for leadership, Mentoring and coaching people with a knowledge of leadership theories to support development and progression of teams.
- Maintain an engaged safety minded workforce through creative motivation, leadership, and accountability.
- Outstanding ability to communicate verbally with strong written skills.
- Motivated for leadership and leading people (Believes in servant leadership)
- Expected to identify high performing operators, mentor, and encourage their development.
- Responsible for knowing departmental goals, developing action to achieve departmental goals.
- Tracking first pass quality, completing in-depth root cause analysis of all quality non-conformances, putting forth action to improve gaps in processes, teams, systems, and equipment to achieve department goal of 100% FPQ.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of all production logs, Sanitation paperwork, production line numbers, KPI’s and production line staffing
- Supports production engineer’s in identifying and communicating equipment and reliability issues, to support line performance.
- Communication of accomplishments and failures with cohesive plans to resolve and improve deficiencies in system.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and independently act upon them.
- Develop and challenge employees during one-on-one meetings – set measurable goals for employees and hold team members accountable to complete tasks.
- Set personal goals with measurements and report tracking of goals to management.
- Lead, Teach, coach, Mentor, and discipline employees.
- Lead changes in work methods, fostering a safety culture, driving process improvements, equipment reliability, reducing operating cost and driving up production performance.
- Enforce the company’s work rules and following all Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Responsible for facility and equipment GMPs, leader in food safety policy and procedures.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Production Planning, Production Engineers, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Shipping, Engineering and Cellar Operations.
- Communicate daily summary to appropriate team members.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- 3-5 years supervisory, supervisor experience (manufacturing environment preferred).
- Preferred to have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering.
- Knowledge of MS Office, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD knowledge JDE application preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of production/manufacturing operations and processes.
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Proficient public speaking skills, capable of speaking in large groups, conveying a confident clear message to department.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Primary work environment is on the production floor. 90% time spent on production floor.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a production environment.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels.
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $72,000 - $107,900.
- Actual compensation will be based on factors such as experience; skills, knowledge, and abilities; education; and other position related factors.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $72,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $107,900.00
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America