Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivables Specialist
Job Title: Accounts Payable & Receivables Specialist
The Accounts Payable and Receivables Specialist will oversee the accounts payables and receivables cycles. The position is also a key business partner to the organization working cross-functionally to answer all questions related to accounts payables, accounts receivables, and credit cards.
This is a full-time, ON-SITE role In Vallejo, California. Only local candidates will be considered.
• Efficiently handle the full cycle of accounts payable, including the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, purchase orders and expense reports.
• Maintain positive relationships with vendors, resolving any discrepancies and ensuring timely payments.
• Communicate effectively to address inquiries and build strong partnerships.
• Conduct regular reconciliation of vendor statements and resolve discrepancies promptly.
• Reconcile, code and post company credit card transactions.
• Review and process employee expense reports, verifying compliance with policies and ensuring timely reimbursement.
• Collaborate with the finance team to contribute to the month-end closing process, providing necessary reports and documentation.
• Maintain organized and up-to-date records of all accounts payable transactions. Ensure proper filing and documentation for audit purposes.
• Maintain 1099 vendor records and process 1099s at year-end.
• Ensure our vendors are set up and updated correctly in ERP system.
• Generate accurate and timely client invoices in accordance with contract terms and schedules.
• Compile all required backup documentation, billing out timely to meet required deadlines.
• Work closely with Operations and Project Managers to understand ongoing construction projects and related financial requirements.
• Assist with month-end close processes as requested including maintaining Committed Costs accuracy and maintenance, WIP reporting review and management of open items, vendor and Project Manager follow up for project status and unbilled invoices.
• Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing customers and vendors.
• Ensure our customer accounts are set up and updated correctly in ERP system.
• Record and apply customer payments accurately in the ERP system.
• Reconcile payments with invoices and resolve any discrepancies.
• Apply cash payments.
• Monitor and analyze accounts receivable aging reports, identifying delinquent invoices and contacting the customer.
• Reconcile receivables & payables sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3 Years or greater in Construction Billing and A/R proficiency.
• Highly organized with superb attention to detail
• Strong integrity and work ethic are critical.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
• Previous experience in architecture and engineering/construction, job costing and/or service provider accounting is required.
• Vista Viewpoint experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet set deadlines.
• Ability to seek out information and resolve issues.
• Comfortable working autonomously but within a team
• Ability to use shared workflow technology (Microsoft Office, SharePoint,)
• Strong Excel Experience
Education and Experience:
• 2-year Associate or college degree preferred
• 3+ years related Payables & Receivables experience
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Some lifting of files, opening cabinets.
• Bending or standing as necessary.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position is sedentary with prolonged periods of standing, bending, sitting, kneeling
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.00
- CS Marine Constructors, Inc, 425 15th St, Vallejo, California, United States of America