Environmental Professional II - Sample Planning and Reporting
Job Title: Environmental Professional II Sample Planning and Reporting
The Environmental Professional will be responsible for surface water and sediment sample planning and field support. The Environmental Professional will also work with the surface water/stormwater team to perform data analysis of environmental data (surface water, storm water, soil, and sediment) and prepare technical reports to communicate the results.
The Environmental Professional will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to pause or stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
• Plan, process, and track samples collected, coordinating with field teams and the Sample Management Office.
• Generate and organize sample paperwork.
• Support field teams in sample collection, data entry, and troubleshooting.
• Contribute to technical reports including data analysis, developing technical content, and reviewing documents as needed.
• Ability to coordinate with, and willingness to take direction from, project leads as required.
• Comply with all health & safety policies and practices.
• Comply with all site access and security requirements.
• Other duties in support of the Water Program as assigned.
• Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulations.
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills including an ability to author technical documents and communicate findings to a wide variety of audiences.
• Self-motivated professional who demonstrates strong time management, organization, and communication skills.
• Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented project environment.
• Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general employee requirements, and work environment preferred.
• Broadly applied software including Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in science, or related technical discipline.
• Five years of relevant experience.
• Experience in analytical chemistry and/or environmental field work required.
• Experience in object-oriented programming languages (Python and/or R) a plus but not required.
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
• The employee exerts up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Will also be carrying up to 30 pounds while hiking.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; hike; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
This position will be required to work in the outdoors, and at times may include walking and hiking several miles while carrying equipment weighing approximately 30 lbs.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Sealaska Technical Services, LLC, 1200 Trinity Drive, Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States of America