Federal Construction Project Manager
Federal Construction Project Manager
This position will provide project management and estimating of construction project(s) through coordination, field project activities and quality control tasks of the assigned project(s) for various phases of the Sealaska Constructors project(s). The main goals will be to drive and support the delivery of profitable complex projects on schedule, on budget with complete customer satisfaction, in a safe manner and within quality standards.
Only local applicants will be considered.
• Leads and oversees all project activities such as, change orders, purchase orders, meeting agendas and meeting minutes for team collaboration
• Maintain new job info, including all contacts, review subcontracts, submittal register
• Prepare detailed and accurate estimates
• Monitor, track and alert operations manager, project manager(s), and superintendent(s) of project issues or outstanding items
• Prepare scope of work or bid packages for soliciting subcontractor and vendor proposals
• Receiving, evaluating and compiling subcontractor and vendor proposals
• Responsible for proposal submission details such as bid time, location, bid runner, bid form
• Responsible for plan take-offs and quantity calculations for vertical and horizontal construction types – ability to manage and supervise same
• Review and maintain data-based pricing (i.e. labor rates, fringes, burdens, sales or special taxes and material costs)
• Oversee bid solicitations and agenda notifications
• Post bid, ensure any new sub-contractors are entered into a contact data base
• Submission of pre bid RFI’s
• Maintain project schedules
• Meeting attendance throughout projects with owners, subs, architects, and engineers
• Address issues as they arise with minimal delay.
• Exhibits excellent ability to interpret plans and specifications
• USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification or able to acquire quickly
• Ability to support the project process with an acceptable degree of construction knowledge
• Ability to successfully pass a background check and acquire applicable security clearance for routine federal facilities access
• Proficiency with all MS Office products, Primavera
• Detail oriented and thorough with good organization skills
• Exhibits good problem-solving skills and shows logical process to decision making
• Willing and able to travel according to project site needs
• Multi-task oriented capable of running multiple tasks concurrently
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of project stakeholders
• Physical ability to navigate a construction site.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Construction Management, related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 Years’ experience on Federal construction projects, preferably USACE, NAVFAC
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear.
• The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 40 pounds safely.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,000.00
- Sealaska Constructors, LLC, 155 Indian Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas, United States of America
- Topeka, KS, USA