This position will assist project manager with the day-to-day details of the projects and will be the “hub of communication on the project.” They will work closely with the project teams, timely distribution of all information, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, product submittals, shop drawing reviews, completed work plans, LEAN construction requirements, weekly meeting agendas followed by meeting minutes, monthly pay applications, change orders, invoices, etc.
This is a government partnership and requires US citizenship.
• Input job info in the company’s computer tracking system (Timberline), including all contacts, subcontracts, submittal register, RFI’s, ASK’s and ASI’s
• Prepare & assemble work plan books including design submittals for delivery to project team.
• Assist in all daily activities, purchase orders, set up meeting agendas, moderate, and distribute meeting minutes to team.
• Assist in tracking of project docs in Timberline and job files.
• Review all vendor/sub invoices prior to PM approval within 3 days of receipt.
• Maintain all job correspondence, shop drawings, contracts, pay applications, change orders, meeting minutes of the project through the duration of the project. Work hand in hand with the Owner, A/E Team, project manager and project superintendent to insure a successful project.
• Assist the project superintendent with quality control for the project.
• Monitor, track and alert project manager of project issues or outstanding items
• Prepare meeting agendas & send calendar invites if necessary. Update logs for on-site or conference call progress meetings. Attend meetings if required. Conduct meeting if required.
• Type and distribute meeting minutes and include updated schedule and logs in minutes.
• Type and distribute all punch list(s) created by the Superintendent or A/E team.
• Create submittal log and maintain all entries in and out.
• Process, transmit and distribute all documents.
• Track and notify subcontractors of delinquent submittals.
• Assist the project manager to receive and distribute all documents from the A/E to the appropriate team members (project manager, superintendent and subcontractor)
• Assist the project administrator to maintain proposal, change order, RFI and ASI logs.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to track and notify subcontractors of delinquent pricing or responses.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to track and notify A/E team of delinquent responses.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to prepare and distribute all subcontractor change orders.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to prepare all monthly owner pay applications including updating the cost loaded schedule.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to prepare all Owner Change Orders
• Assist the PM and project administrator to review all subcontractor pay applications.
• Distribute owner pay applications to A/E or owner whichever is required.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to monitor and track outstanding payments related to pay applications.
• Prepare listing of close out documents and distribute to all subcontractors.
• Collect, bind, review and distribute close out documents.
• Collect and scan As-Builts from Superintendent
• Monitor and track that all punch list items to ensure that they have been completed.
• Assist the PM and project administrator to receive upcoming bidding documents from Architect or Owner
• Assist the PM and project administrator to send out bid solicitations and agenda notifications.
• Help manage distribution of bid documents to subcontractors and suppliers.
• Request bid bond from bonding agency.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
• 2+ years of progressive project experience in construction, heavy civil environments preferred.
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear.
• The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 25 pounds safely.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Work will require frequent visits to the project and will include exposure to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
• Employee must be able to wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) required of various construction work environments (hard hats, personal floatation devices, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed shoes, etc.). The employee is required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to navigate stairs, ladders and gangways; board, work on and disembark floating vessels and structures.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Sealaska Constructors, LLC, 1200 6th Ave., Seattle, Washington, United States of America