Nationwide Federal Construction Quality Control Manager
Job Title: Nationwide Construction Quality Control Manager
This position is responsible at either a site or country level to ensure that construction is proceeding to plan at assigned domestic or foreign location. The Construction Manager will manage Health and Safety, QA/QC and project responsibility depending on the requirements at each site.
This position can be located anywhere in the US and requires travel nationwide.
• QC Plan Management
• Maintain on-going training requirements.
• Manage projects to ensure project scope is completed per approved plans and documentation; out of scope work is not performed without a change order; project schedule and budget are maintained; and planned technical quality is achieved. Specific duties may include preparation of regular progress reports; preparation of detailed project schedules; preparing requisitions for goods and services; receiving invoices; tracking the project budget; and supervising project personnel and subcontractors.
• Manage QA/QC or Health and Safety activities.
• Consider suggestions to improve project schedules and productivity provided by project personnel and make recommendations based on thorough analysis.
• Successfully coordinate meetings and maintain good working relationships with clients and other project Stakeholders.
• Interface with other technical and support personnel to ensure project objectives are met and desired quality is achieved.
• Support preparation of work plans, health and safety plans, sampling and analysis plans, schedules, estimates and other planning documents, as required, to meet the client’s scope, budget, schedule, and quality objectives.
• Help develop existing and new client bases, and support preparation of proposals for new and follow-on work.
• Monitor and promote project execution conformant to corporate procedures and guidelines.
• Monitor baseline plans for potential changes; support timely invoicing; tracking of accounts payable; variance analysis and identifying corrective actions and need for contract modifications.
• Monitor personnel performance in assignments to assist in efficient, economical, timely, productive, and profitable project execution; identify issues and alert senior management for assistance in resolution.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Build and Foster Collaborative Relationships
• Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent data gathering and analysis skills.
• Position is subject to satisfactory completion of an annual overseas exam. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office.
• Ability to travel internationally: 80%
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in construction management or suitable engineering degree or equivalent and
• Five (5) years’ experience performing management of construction or environmental government/commercial projects either domestically or internationally required.
• Or 15 years of equivalent experience
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position will require moving of up to 40 lbs.
• This position will be mostly stationary requiring movement around the office, occasional visits to remote job sites, and frequent communication with others.
• The average working hours will be 8 hours per day for this position with occasional need to exceed.
• Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to indoor and outdoor weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. Field work often includes uneven and slippery outdoor surfaces.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $105,000.00
- Allentown, PA, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- New Haven, CT, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Sealaska Construction Solutions, LLC, 1200 6th Ave., Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- West Point, NY, USA