Environmental Professional - Aqueous Geochemist
Job Title: Environmental Processional - Aqueous Geochemist
Aqueous Geochemist will support the Water Programs in areas of groundwater monitoring and aquifer testing associated with the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract (LLCC) at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration’s Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
• Conducting geochemical investigations associated with groundwater, surface water, wastes, and geological materials.
• Validating, management and analysis of geochemical data using working knowledge of aqueous geochemistry and an understanding of laboratory analytical methods
• Conducting water quality and geochemical modeling
• Preparing presentations that interpret geochemical trends Groundwater model evaluation and data analysis/visualization.
• Synthesizing hydrogeological and environmental data from field investigations and technical reports.
• Developing subsurface hydro-geochemical conceptual site models.
• Analyzing historical contaminant releases and associated geochemical trends in springs, perched water zones, and groundwater.
• Developing sampling and analysis plans
• Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to convey technical results to a broad range of audiences.
• Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a collaborative work environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team .
• Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general employee requirements, and work environment preferred.
• Knowledge of health & safety policies and practices
• Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies.
• This position may also require a physical fit-for-duty screen.
Education and Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience as an aqueous geochemist or hydrogeologist
• Bachelor or Graduate degree in Geology, Geochemistry, or related field, with a focus on aqueous geochemistry and 2 to 3 years of professional experience in geochemistry, consulting or an adjacent professional field.
• Knowledge of geology, geochemistry, mineralogy, hydrology, and/or chemical hydrogeology
• Experience with data management and statistical tools (e.g., Python, R)
• Experience with geochemical and water quality modeling (e.g, PHREEQC, Geochemist’s Workbench)
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demand requirements are more than those for sedentary work.
• The employee exerts up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position will be required to work in the outdoors, and at times may include walking and hiking several miles while carrying equipment weighing approximately 30 lbs.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Sealaska Technical Services, LLC, 1200 Trinity Drive, Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States of America