We do not just make simple & beautiful mobile games, we dream about exceptional design and crafting wonderful experiences. We’re an eclectic group of creative problem solvers working together to have fun and make great things that delight millions of people around the world.
We’re careful & deliberate. We ask a lot of questions along the way. We iterate on our successes (and our failures) and strive to push the boundaries of quality in every aspect of our creations. We make sure that every interaction, animation, color, word, light, sound, and pixel in our games exists with intention.
We’re not rockstars or ninjas; we don’t crunch or glorify burnout. We’re just smart, dedicated, fun-loving, and take immense pride in our work. We believe in true work/life balance and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We see our responsibility to our players as a privilege and believe solving even the smallest problems can have big impacts.
If you read that and thought, “that feels a lot like me” – then we should talk. We love meeting people that are curious, inventive, detail-oriented, and excellent at what they do.
You are a confident and experienced Animator that intuitively understands how to communicate emotion and energy through the use of motion. You notice the small details and see their value in the bigger picture.
You are adept at working on a variety of high-quality digital products from concept to execution, whether that’s creating in-game animations and marketing assets. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment but are also self-motivated and can take minimal direction and run with it. You bring a positive approach to your work, value clear communication, and thrive on collaborative feedback.
Ultimately, you love telling stories through motion, and find the opportunity and responsibility of telling those stories to millions of people exciting and inspiring.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Animator is responsible for crafting and delivering stunning animations for Brainium Studio’s casual and puzzle games as a part of the Design team. The scope of the role includes the following:
- Creating amazing 2D animations.
- Creating stunning effects that delight players and communicate in-game information effectively
- Playing a big role in the concept phase and animating proof of concepts
- Building features with our design and engineering teams in our unique animation system
- Collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers to generate effective design solutions and receive feedback
- Working across teams to communicate design vision and guide implementation
- Advocating for and making great design decisions
- Soliciting and absorbing constructive feedback productively to identify and deliver exceptional creative solutions
- Collaborating and leading design discussions and critiques
- Knowing how to produce content quickly without sacrificing quality
- 2+ years of experience crafting animations in digital products
- Solid familiarity with a common animation software & techniques
- Excellent communication of animation ideas through storyboarding and prototypes
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excited about games with an understanding of game-play mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work in the Portland, Oregon Studio 3 days out of the week
- Mobile game experience is a plus!
- Git experience
- Illustration experience
- Unity experience
- Strong leadership and organization skills
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted stock units
- Working in a cutting-edge, ever-evolving industry alongside a team of very nice, incredibly talented people
- Flexible schedules and an awesome pet-friendly office in Portland’s Pearl District
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink.
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriously…we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make sure you’re taken care of and feel valued
- Pay Type Salary