We are seeking a Producer with Production and Project Management experience, that is obsessed with efficiency and tempered with empathy. You are known for being highly organized, an effective communicator, in tune with the roadmap, and have a track record of shipping products on spec and on time. You understand and balance the concerns of our players, our business goals, and our employees. You are comfortable in an autonomous environment and know how to create structure where there is ambiguity. You are great at building relationships with members of your team and external partners. You have an intuitive wisdom for navigating the software lifecycle, earned through experience. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You are a leader who craves feedback and knows how to deliver it in a timely, empathetic, and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Producer, this is how you will contribute on a regular basis:
- Execute on Business Goals - work closely with the Development Director, Design Director, and Product Manager to ensure the roadmap is executed successfully.
- Project Leadership - Run daily standups with the development teams and ensure updates are released on spec and on time
- Project Management - Own the project board (we mostly use Asana) ensuring it is easy to understand and honest
- Maintain Strong Relationships - Build rapport with the entire development team, developing and understanding of “who does what” among our cross-functional team and advocate for optimal leveraging of our bandwidth.
- Agile Development Process – Embrace, demonstrate, and champion SAFe Agile principles, process, and communication strategies.
- Communication – Actively participate in communication around the organization to provide clarity, transparency, and understanding of your product initiatives.
- Leading Retrospectives - Lead and allocate time for semi-frequent retrospectives. A large part of Brainium’s success is our “understand, not blame” strategy when we reflect on recently shipped issues and engage in project post-mortems.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Producer or Project Manager in the Software industry
- 1-4 shipped titles
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including engineers, artists, designers, and quality assurance, and operations.
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Ability to work in the Portland, Oregon Studio 2-3 days out of the week.
- Professional experience in engineering, art, or design.
- Previous experience in the Games industry or shipping Mobile application development
- Live-Ops experience
- 2+ years Asana and JIRA experience
- SAFe Agile certification
- Experience building project timelines and contributing to the roadmap
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams globally
Benefits and Perks
- Working in a cutting-edge, ever-evolving industry alongside a team of very nice, incredibly talented people
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted Stock Units
- Flexible vacation policy
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriously…we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make sure you’re taken care of and feel value
- Pay Type Salary