We do not just make simple & beautiful mobile games, we dream about exceptional design and crafting wonderful experiences. We’re an eclectic group of creative problem solvers working together to have fun and make great things that delight millions of people around the world.
We’re careful & deliberate. We ask a lot of questions along the way. We iterate on our successes (and our failures) and strive to push the boundaries of quality in every aspect of our creations. We make sure that every interaction, animation, color, word, light, sound, and pixel in our games exists with intention.
We’re not rockstars or ninjas; we don’t crunch or glorify burnout. We’re just smart, dedicated, fun-loving, and take immense pride in our work. We believe in true work/life balance and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We see our responsibility to our players as a privilege and believe solving even the smallest problems can have big impacts.
If you read that and thought, “that feels a lot like me” – then we should talk. We love meeting people that are curious, inventive, detail-oriented, and excellent at what they do.
You are experienced in Product Management and have a player-centric mindset. You are comfortable in an autonomous environment and know how to create structure where there is ambiguity. You have a strong passion for the player experience and know how to extrapolate valuable insights from data. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You’re a leader who collaborates often, communicates effectively, and evangelizes your ideas successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a product manager, this is how you will contribute on a regular basis:
- Strategy & Vision – Translate business objectives into a product strategy and vision with specific and actionable technical solutions, requirements, and plans understood by internal & external product and development teams.
- Product Ownership – Key stakeholder and feature architect for our products and 3rd party Integrations. Ownership includes business planning, roadmap/prioritization, product management, feature requirements/user stories, and facilitating the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Product Evangelism — Work with other product managers and studio leads to implement processes and practices that drive the studio toward a mature product model
- Agile Development Process – Embrace, demonstrate, and champion Agile principles, process, and communication strategies
- Data Analysis & Market Research – Monitor and analyze user behavior and market trends to inform strategic decision making
- Intra-company Leadership – Develop working relationships and establish your credibility with key intra-company counterparts
- Communication – Actively participate in communication around the organization to provide clarity, transparency, and understanding of your product initiatives.
- Roles – Clarify the various supporting roles and responsibilities – reinforce ownership and accountability.
- Expectations – Establish clear priorities, expectations, and success metrics for supporting team members and development initiatives.
- Execution – Reinforce the quality standards and drive execution that is in keeping with our brand and market position
- Culture – Contribute to the culture and the overall environment in an effort to ensure alignment with our values and principles
- Other Duties – Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with your position, as directed by the Company
- 2-4 years of experience in Product Management
- Experience with BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Python, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, etc.)
- Working with key stakeholders and customers to understand the needs and build the product roadmap and features specifications
- Ability to relocate to Portland, Oregon
- Ability to work in the Portland, Oregon Studio 3 days out of the week.
- Previous experience in product management, ideally in the gaming industry
- We are leaning into live-ops as part of our model and would love a candidate with experience there
- Other preferred experience includes mobile games and loyalty programs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, or technology
- Strong business acumen and an ability to represent the customer
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, technical architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams globally
- Understand, research, and follow technology trends in the industry and in general.
- Strong analytical and presentation capabilities
- Metrics-driven mindset
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted stock units
- Working in a cutting-edge, ever-evolving industry alongside a team of very nice, incredibly talented people
- Flexible schedules and an awesome pet-friendly office in Portland’s Pearl District
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink.
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriously…we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make sure you’re taken care of and feel valued
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular