Senior Software Engineer
We do not just make simple & beautiful mobile games, we dream about exceptional design and crafting wonderful experiences. We’re an eclectic group of creative problem solvers working together to have fun and make great things that delight millions of people around the world.
We’re careful & deliberate. We ask a lot of questions along the way. We iterate on our successes (and our failures) and strive to push the boundaries of quality in every aspect of our creations. We make sure that every interaction, animation, color, word, light, sound, and pixel in our games exists with intention.
We’re not rockstars or ninjas; we don’t crunch or glorify burnout. We’re just smart, dedicated, fun-loving, and take immense pride in our work. We believe in true work/life balance and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We see our responsibility to our players as a privilege and believe solving even the smallest problems can have big impacts.
If you read that and thought, “that feels a lot like me” – then we should talk. We love meeting people that are curious, inventive, detail-oriented, and excellent at what they do.
You are an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about writing elegant, bug-free software. You are comfortable in an autonomous environment, but also enjoy collaborating with others. You believe in the efficiency and power of functional programming or are open to learning. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You embrace diversity and thrive in an environment where opinions are freely shared. You are a consistent and transparent communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities
We hire based on experience and potential. Here are some important expectations we have for our Senior Software Engineers:
- 5+ years of experience working with C++ on a team
- Writing correct, performant, self-documenting, elegant code
- Possessing a rich understanding of the C++ programming language as well as modern C++ best practices
- Working confidently with technologies and languages such as Objective-C, Java, Git, Xcode, Unity, Vulkan, and OpenGL on both Android and iOS platforms
- Embracing Functional Programming concepts and designing systems to minimize bugs
- Advocating for an efficient and robust tech stack
- Mentoring more junior engineers and taking responsibility for the spread of information throughout the engineering team
- Collaborating with other engineers, QA, and designers to debug and solve problems
- Investigating and recommending solutions to improve code quality and efficiency
- Constantly learning new technologies and mastering new techniques
- Taking the initiative and responsibility for the quality of the end product. If you see something wrong, fix it!
- Ability to work in the Portland, Oregon Studio 3 days out of the week.
Benefits and Perks
- Working in a cutting-edge, ever-evolving industry alongside a team of very nice, incredibly talented people
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted Stock Units
- Flexible vacation policy
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriously…we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make sure you’re taken care of and feel valued
- Pay Type Salary