Corporate and Business Development Director
We are excited to add an experienced Corporate and Business Development Director who is a self-starter and wishes to grow into increasing responsibility. This position will assist the EVP, Corporate and Business Development with formulating the company’s strategy and then sourcing, qualifying, partnering, and acquiring companies that fit our strategic priorities.
- Support the assessment and formulation of our corporate strategy and priorities; support the execution of corporate initiatives on behalf of the executive leadership team and Board of Directors
- Support our expansion in existing and new segments, including analytical initiatives such as go-to-market strategy for existing business, market entry options for new businesses, and build-buy-partner assessments.
- Aid our efforts to identify, qualify, and acquire and/or partner with companies that fit our overall strategy and plan; Manage company deal databases and pipelines.
- Lead the diligence and assessment of potential acquisition and strategic partnership opportunities. Craft the models and materials needed to achieve the support and alignment of all our internal and external stakeholders.
- Assemble and project manage the diligence teams needed to fully qualify and assess each company, product, team, and overall fit with our specific strategies, plans and operating framework.
- Team up with our internal FP&A team to lead the financial modeling and structuring of acquisitions and managing our overall long range strategic planning processes.
- Support our playAWARDS team with strategic business development and securing and structuring deals with rewards and third-party game developer partners
- Formulate strategic partnerships and commercial arrangements with companies that will advance our business strategies and product plans (playAWARDS partnerships, new product verticals, technology companies, distribution opportunities, etc.)
- Drive our market intelligence and support investor relations efforts including monitoring market dynamics, trends and themes, PLAYSTUDIOS competitive and strategic positioning, and industry forecasting.
- Based in Los Angeles, California, this role is hybrid with the flexibility to work remote a few days out of the week.
- Travel to studios in California and Nevada several times a year, with possible travel to foreign offices and industry conferences as needed.
- 5-7 years of work experience ideally in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, corporate development, or management consulting. Title and scope will be commensurate with level of experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint as well as AI tools.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen
- Possess good interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field (MBA or other relevant Master’s degree is ideal).
- Experience in media, technology, or gaming industries.
- Interest and passion for interactive entertainment with the ability to learn complex industry topics quickly
- 100% Health Benefit Premium coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted Stock Units
- Performance-based bonuses
- Flexible vacation policy
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen
- Casual work environment
- A great place to work. Come find out for yourself!
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $163,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $200,000.00