Brainium - Software Engineer
Brainium, a PLAYSTUDIOS company, doesn't just make simple & beautiful mobile games, we dream about exceptional design and crafting wonderful experiences. We’re an eclectic group of creative problem solvers working together to have fun and make great things that delight millions of people around the world.
We’re careful & deliberate. We ask a lot of questions along the way. We iterate on our successes (and our failures) and strive to push the boundaries of quality in every aspect of our creations. We make sure that every interaction, animation, color, word, light, sound, and pixel in our games exists with intention.
We’re not rockstars or ninjas; we don’t crunch or glorify burnout. We’re just smart, dedicated, fun-loving, and take immense pride in our work. We believe in true work/life balance and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We see our responsibility to our players as a privilege and believe solving even the smallest problems can have big impacts.
If you read that and thought, “that feels a lot like me” – then we should talk. We love meeting people that are curious, inventive, detail-oriented, and excellent at what they do.
You are an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about writing elegant, bug-free software. You are comfortable in an autonomous environment, but also enjoy collaborating with others. You believe in the efficiency and power of functional programming or are open to learning. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You embrace diversity and thrive in an environment where opinions are freely shared. You are a consistent and transparent communicator.
At Brainium, we hire based on experience and potential. Here are some important expectations we have for our Software Engineers:
- 2+ years of experience working with C++ on a team
- Writing correct, performant, self-documenting, elegant code
- Experience developing software in C++
- Working confidently with technologies and languages such as Objective-C, Java, Git, Xcode, Vulkan, and OpenGL on both Android and iOS platforms
- Embracing Functional Programming concepts and designing systems to minimize bugs
- Building and maintaining codebases across multiple applications and platforms
- Collaborating with other engineers, QA, and designers to debug and solve problems
- Investigating and recommending solutions to improve code quality and efficiency
- Constantly learning new technologies and mastering new techniques
- Taking the initiative and responsibility for the quality of the end-product. If you see something wrong, fix it!
- Ability to work 2-3 days in office per week
Some additional skills that really stand out here:
- Swift for iOS
- Kotlin for Android
Benefits and Perks
Some of the things that make Brainium different include:
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted stock units
- Working in a cutting-edge, ever-evolving industry alongside a team of very nice, incredibly talented people
- Flexible schedules and an awesome pet-friendly office in Portland’s Pearl District
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriously…we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make sure you’re taken care of and feel valued
About the Process
If you think this role sounds like a great fit for you, then let’s talk! Apply with your resume, a link to your portfolio with relevant examples, and a cover letter. We can’t wait to talk to you!
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
- Pay Type Salary