Talent Acquisition Specialist
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new TA Specialist.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC. Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will have primary responsibility to identify, recruit, screen, interview, evaluate, and present candidates for a variety of job openings.
In This Role, You Will:
- Consult with business unit leadership proactively to understand business needs and staffing requirements; collaboratively developing a talent plan for job openings.
- Work with HR Leadership and HR Business Partners to understand workforce planning and build appropriate recruitment strategy.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to define candidate qualifications and set realistic requirements to screen candidates effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions.
- Identify the most effective method for recruiting and attracting candidates without the use of agencies.
- Work with leaders and HR Business Partners on determining if there are internal candidates for the role(s).
- Leverage various resources to source qualified candidates using the Internet, social media, print, media, formal/information networks, etc., to source a diverse candidate pool.
- Proactively build relationships with potential candidates, creating a robust pipeline of highly qualified professionals for current and future staffing needs.
- Utilize and maintain the applicant tracking system, understand the candidate flow process, and the importance of metrics.
- Work with hiring managers to move candidates through the interview process quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their application(s).
- Work with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to develop appropriate compensation ranges for open roles.
- Bring search to closure by presenting offer to identified candidate(s), successfully maneuvering through salary negotiations and the creation and presentation of offer letters.
- Efficiently move selected candidates through the hiring process, including conducting background checks, drug screens, etc.
- Provide advice to hiring managers regarding talent planning, recruiting, the interview process, and candidate selection.
- Facilitate contacts by creating and maintaining a presence within the logistics/transportation industry community and marketplace.
- Attend job fairs and industry conferences and networking events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least two years of full cycle recruiting experience is required.
- Experience in sourcing passive candidates.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Experience utilizing applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Ability to track and present metrics.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Location: This is an in-office role based in Charlotte, NC.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Charlotte, NC, USA