Vice President, Sales Solutions
See yourself at Odyssey….
Join the team as our new VP Solutions North America!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Enterprise Managed Services, provides integrated transportation and logistics services and solutions that streamline processes, optimize logistics operations and reduce costs. We partner with customers to raise visibility and operational knowledge, creating strategies that drive performance and improve bottom-line results. Our logistics and supply chain expertise and experience can identify opportunities and challenge the status quo, enabling customers to redefine operating procedures and business rules, that yield results across assets, inventory and resources, and create lean and competitive business processes. Using unparalleled analytical skills with robust and granular data, Odyssey-designed solutions consider opportunities and details that may have been previously overlooked, driving year-over-year accretive results.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of VP, Solutions North America will have primary responsibility of utilizing Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s portfolio of service offerings and capabilities to solve complex supply chain and logistics challenges for potential and existing clients. This position is also responsible for designing plans to meet targets, developing relationships with clients/customers, and evaluating costs for selling services.
In This Role, You Will:
- Effectively communicate Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s value proposition to prospective and current customers.
- Develop sales plans and execute relevant activities to reach and exceed established sales goals for net new revenue growth.
- Build and strengthen business relationships with potential and existing customers for the purpose of promoting Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s portfolio of solutions.
- Develop a plan focusing on solution sales, sales call strategy and qualified list of prospects in assigned geography, giving targeted focus to Enterprise companies.
- Utilize a consultative approach to driving conversations with the expectation of moving the prospective customer through the buying cycle and developing a formal and written sales solution for the purposes of closing business.
- Navigate complex buying committees - develop and maintain professional relationships with economic buyers and key executives within target accounts.
- Establish and maintain effective communication at all levels of strategic accounts and leverage internal resources to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Partner with Global Solutions, Sales, BU Leaders, Client Services, Procurement, Operations, and IT teams to deliver world class solutions to clients’ opportunities.
- Leverage his/her network to support growth efforts.
- Accurately update and forecast opportunities and maintain notes within Salesforce.
- Drive results and success by conveying the appropriate sense of urgency while driving issues to closure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to remove roadblocks, track and resolve client objections, and solve problems.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales. Degree would preferably be in administration, engineering, technology, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in selling multi modal 4PL/Managed trans/TMS solutions (>$1M annual quota).
- Proven track record as a strategic enterprise sales executive growing new business
- Demonstrated experience with prospecting (hunting) as well as managing a full sales cycle (i.e., qualifying, value creation, pricing negotiations, proposals, etc.)
- Experience in creating and managing a strong sales pipeline as well as achieving annual sales quotas.
- Cross-vertical selling to Manufacturing, Automotive, Paper and Packaging and Chemical industries is preferred.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and create innovative solutions for a client’s logistics and supply chain needs
- Operates well within a high performance, team-oriented culture - highly energetic, positive, hungry, and passionate.
- Ability to drive high levels of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in successfully influencing decisions at the executive level.
- Possesses unquestioned personal and business integrity, high ethical standards and a professional approach to relationships
- Experience in TMS, supply chain and logistics technology tools is a plus.
- Multi-modal experience in TL, LTL, Bulk, Rail, and small parcel (Hazmat and Freight Forwarding is a plus).
- Clear understanding of market conditions and gaps and how supply chain decisions impact the bottom line.
- Operational experience is an asset.
- Strong background in consultative and value-based selling.
- Ability to present a professional image with effective networking and people skills.
- Problem-solving skills to develop creative solutions.
- High Degree of Supply Chain and Business Acumen in Operations & Logistics, Distribution and Transportation, Manufacturing, Finance and Technology.
This is an in-office role based in Charlotte, NC.
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1916 Ayrsley Town Blvd suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28273, USA