Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Department: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt, Non-Represented
Annual Salary Range: $70,262 - $82,558
The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst help drive critical business decisions by analyzing metrics and designing reports. They communicate these results to managers and often provide suggestions based on their findings. The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst assists will take on advanced reporting needs and assist departments with the development of desktop dashboards for reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). The position assists department staff with developing new reports, learning basic and advanced features of the BI tool and conducts training classes periodically to improve all departments reporting skills. This position also makes tables available to departments for reporting, runs necessary jobs to keep data current and assists in creating data dictionaries for cloud based system APIs.
- Performs administrative functions of Tableau to assure available data is ready for reporting.
- Creates and publishes advanced reports and dashboards on a project basis; gathering specifications, designing reports / dashboards, and offering suggestions for enhancements.
- Coordinates with departments to test reports for accuracy and intent.
- Supports departments in the development, editing and enhancement of their own reports and dashboards.
- Provides necessary training to departments to allow users to create their own reports and dashboards.
- Ensures programming and reporting activities are well-defined and remain within scope. Takes initiative in working with internal staff to redirect when necessary.
- Reviews, monitors, and analyzes department reporting efforts.
- Utilizes technology to better measure, monitor and communicate KPI’s to key MCTS staff and stakeholders and works in conjunction with IT staff to ensure adequate business processes are in place to capture key performance data.
- Coordinates internal involvement with industry bus benchmarking group (ABBG) to ensure accurate reporting, timely responses and dissemination of best practices and industry updates.
- Contributes expertise to the development and delivery of performance management documents, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, planning, programming or relevant field. Extensive work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience analyzing data.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience using Business intelligence reporting tools.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience using Tableau software.
- High degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology in the workplace.
- Experience working within public transportation preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Highly developed organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize data and connections between Key Performance Indicators and goals.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of desktop dashboards, report writing software or similar programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word and Power Point, and experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and/or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Knowledge of data mining methods and “big data” reporting.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders, as well as to work effectively as a team member in a diverse environment.
- Ability to train users with limited experience in reporting tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Work is frequently conducted an office or similar indoor environment relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Incumbent is sometimes located in an outdoor, vehicle, warehouse or shop environment.
- Physical requirements are those described as sedentary work exerting 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Milwaukee, WI, USA