Automotive Technical Support Advisor
Perform accurate and efficient front-line contact center functions for automotive customers. Our client is a leading global automaker and mobility provider that offers clean, connected, affordable and safe mobility solutions. Provide technical expertise and vehicle knowledge to assist Level I Advisors and Level II Specialists in communicating with customers and dealers.
- Ensure service delivered to customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’)
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding, use decision-support tools and resources to appropriately provide resolution to the customer
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer.
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedure
- Maintain basic knowledge of client products and/or services
- Prepare complete and accurate work including appropriately notating accounts as required
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
- Offer additional products and/or services
- Track, document and retrieve information in call tracking database
- Respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources or more senior staff
- Handle Complaints and/or Fleet Assistance.
- Provide technical expertise and vehicle knowledge to assist Level I Advisors and Level II Specialists in communicating with customers and dealers.
- Research Agent or customer question(s), utilizing available service information (Service Library, Technical Service Bulletins, etc.), and responding back via email.
- Provide guidance to Advisors and Specialists and to describe vehicle characteristics.
- Identify vehicle issues by make/model, describe the concern, and quantify to help address any trends found by the Customer Care teams.
- Escalate identified trends for notification and resolution.
- Identify knowledge gaps and suggest knowledge articles and training to support advisors and Specialists.
- Provide Build Sheet to be sent and/or Production Number information to be a customer via email and/or post mail.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School or secondary school diploma (or equivalent) required; College, University or post-secondary diploma (or equivalent) preferred
- At least 1 year of customer service experience; contact center experience preferred
- Back office experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude to understand automotive/technical issues and terminology
- Positive attitude and a passion for customer care
- Patient and friendly with all types of customers
- Consistent level of professionalism and a conscientious nature
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (good spelling, grammar; avoid slang and jargon)
- English Language proficiency
- Excellent telephone customer service etiquette
- Actively listens and asks probing questions to understand the customer’s needs and determine the best course of action
- Excellent verbal communication skills, responding with appropriate feedback (avoid slang and jargon) -Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding; diplomatic, polite and apologizes where necessary
- Computer literacy - competent in Microsoft Office/Google Suite, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome (required);
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment, take own initiative and make decisions
- Typing speed: minimum of 35 words per minute
- Logical approach to problem resolution: gathers facts, takes corrective actions, escalates problems at the appropriate stage
- Flexible schedule availability
- Self-managed and disciplined
- Team player, working with the team to achieve objectives, friendly and approachable even when busy
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with dealer personnel and internal stakeholders
- Personifies willingness to help
Additionally, we respect the sincerely held religious beliefs and practices of all employees and will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation if those sincerely held religious beliefs or practices conflict with an employee’s job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employee who would like to request an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Human Resources Department. We will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy will lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment for cause.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Majorel Canada, Inc., 619B Kumpf Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada