Pelletizer - Extrusion B-U Operator
The primary purpose of the BU Extruder Operator - Pelletizer is to operate a plastic compound extruder in a team environment while being efficient, clean, safe and maintaining the TriEnda quality standard.
The following is an overview of the job description. A full description is available from Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determines production requirements by reading and implementing general and special instructions on each compound work order.
- Reviews and applies the manufacturing bill of materials to each work order.
- Checks and ensures the raw materials preparation including any related drying requirements.
- Ensures that all equipment including those upstream and downstream is thoroughly cleaned in accordance with our work instructions and/or other special instructions that may be indicated on the production schedule.
- Sets extruder operating parameters in accordance with the manufacturing master work instructions.
- Prepares production run sheet records.
- Throughout the production run, ensures that operating parameters are tuned to establish maximum extruder performance and quality.
- Completes all in-process testing requirements and maintains the shift production log.
- Maintains a clean working environment by consistently removing manufacturing debris from the floor, machine surfaces, and by cleaning work surface areas to prevent the build-up of manufacturing residue.
- Takes immediate action to prevent and correct unsafe operating conditions and/or injury.
- Operates as a team player to assist all company employees in meeting or exceeding internal customer expectations and minimize interpersonal conflicts.
- Follow the Versatility Chart
- Complies with all safety regulations and applies good judgment in performing all tasks.
- Complies with all related ISO requirements.
- Communicates with the shift supervisor all appropriate concerns related to working conditions, safety, injuries, and interpersonal conflicts.
- Other duties as may be requested and/or assigned by company management.
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trienda Holdings, LLC, N7660 Industrial Road, Portage, Wisconsin, United States of America