KFI recently opened a new facility in Arlington, TX.. we are adding to our team in preparation to meet strategic growth plans for 2024!
Drafter will be responsible for the efficient and effective publication of production
drawings to the shop floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Takes customer drawings, specifications, and purchase order, along with applicable industry standards, to create a complete production release with Bill of Materials
- Creates 3D models of the product drawing to ensure fit/function of all items
- Inputs complete Bill of Materials into company ERP
- Manages and updates files stored on network server
- Tracks revisions made to product specifications
- Maintains working knowledge of industry standards
- Follows client-specific production and quality standards
- Communicates cross functionally with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient product development
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Perform all duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in related field with two to four years’ drafting experience
- Experience with steel manufacturing, sheet metal and flat layouts
- Knowledge of AWS Weld Symbols
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software (Solidworks preferred)
- Ability to read technical specifications and blueprints
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will spend time in the office and production areas.
The production area temperatures can fluctuate significantly based on the time of year. The noise levels can be moderate to high. The use of PPE is required. The use of additional specific safety equipment may be required. The noise level in the office is usually quiet. The noise level in production is usually moderate.
WORK AVAILABLITY AND TRAVEL
Must have the ability to work all shift schedules, periodic overtime and be available for periodic weekend work.
Travel requirements: <10%
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA