Under the direction of the Team Leader, the General Laborer identifies, sorts, and separates metals by hand, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Check work area for hazards.
- Consult with Team Leader about scheduled production and scrap grades. Plan the most efficient methods of completing work assignments.
- Identify, sort and separate metals by hand, according to company specifications and procedures.
- Clean up debris from floor and clean work area at end of shift.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems and assist in the training of less experienced general laborers.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Operate angle grinders, magnetic drills, handheld plasma, oxy torch to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Perform all duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires two years of high school and six to twelve months related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- One years’ experience in metal fabrication
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, walk, hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and bend. The employee must seldom lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and risk of radiation. The production area temperatures can fluctuate significantly based on the time of year. The noise levels can be moderate to high. The use of hearing protection and safety eyewear is required while on production floor. The use of additional specific safety equipment may be required. The noise level in the office is usually quiet. The noise level in production is usually moderate.
Must have the ability to work all shift schedules, periodic overtime and be available for periodic weekend work.
I have read and understand my job duties and responsibilities and have received a copy:
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Pay Type Hourly
- TriEnda Arlington, 845 Avenue G, Arlington, Texas, United States of America