Equipment Operator - All Shifts
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining major equipment on the production lines in accordance with applicable standard operating procedures (SOP’s), work instructions (WI) in a safe, efficient, cost effective and quality focused atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in all Packaging Operator responsibilities/accountabilities.
- Follow all company safety polices and PPE requirements.
- Operates and maintains major equipment, including but not limited to fillers, labelers, automated bottle sorters and auto-packers.
- Prepares and performs minor repairs and adjustments on equipment to maximize production runs or to identify equipment malfunctions or abnormal operations to the Process Mechanic and Team Leader or Management.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and timely documentation in accordance with applicable SOP’s and WI’s.
- Perform assigned machine cleanings of fragrance or comas necessary Assists Mechanics with Preventative Maintenance (PM) on equipment.
- Random or required finished good inspections throughout the shift to ensure finished products meet quality specifications and contain the correct codes on finished goods units and boxes.
- Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company’s quality system and FDA good manufacturing practices, includes always maintaining a clean and orderly production area.
- Update production boards or scan appropriate bar codes to track production downtime events.
- Assist in the training of new or existing employees.
- Functions as a back-up to the Team Lead as requested by management.
- Completes SOPs, Work Instructions, and other paperwork according to established company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information, and other sensitive and confidential information.
- Exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed due to workplace demands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent is highly preferred. In lieu of Diploma or GED, years of experience, knowledge, skills and fit will be considered.
- SAP and HMI experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of: FDA Good Manufacturing Practices and OSHA Safety Requirements.
- Ability to: read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal instructions including Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions; wear required PPE as needed; work as part of a team; develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Other functions, skills and abilities may apply.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds manually.
- A climate-controlled office environment; the noise level is usually moderately quiet
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 6 hours, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands or arms, stoop, crouch, talk, hear, push, and pull as needed.
- Able to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Exposure to frequent movement of motorized equipment throughout the facility, including electric pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Direct
- kdc/one Aromair, 8860 Smiths Mill Rd, New Albany, Ohio, United States of America