Business Development Leader
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Doc Savage Supply Plumbing & HVAC is one of those trade names and is looking for a Business Development Leader at their Albuquerque, NM location.
Pay for Business Development Leader is between $50,000 and $75,000 per year at this location.
A Business Development Leader develops lasting, ethical customer relationships to maximize our share of the customer’s potential, to meet or exceed the established sales and gross profit goals, and to increase profit sharing. They become an integral part of each assigned account, understanding the customers’ business and needs, ensuring our role as their primary supplier.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Successfully complete required safety and compliance training programs as assigned.
• Proactively conduct face-to-face customer meetings, visit job sites, and meet with decision makers to provide the best possible
• Analyze sales reports, tools to establish strategies to assess customer purchase potential, grow market share, and meet or exceed
monthly sales targets.
• Process sales orders, bids, job information packages, and perform all sales functions in accordance with Company policy and
• Actively participate in scheduled sales meetings, complete customer call reports, and maintain current customer profile data.
• Find innovative ways to grow sales with existing customers and identify and implement opportunities for value-added services.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems, address pricing deductions and material returns timely and in accordance with Company
policy and procedure, follow up to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Work with the customer, Profit Center Manager, and Credit Manager to facilitate payment of all accounts receivable; communicate any
changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk.
• Support Inside Sales and all Profit Center activities as part of our Profit Center Team.
• Join industry associations to stay informed about market conditions, new technologies, and trends.
• Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2+ years outside sales experience, contractor sales preferred.
• A proper and valid driver’s license for the vehicle(s) being driven.
• A driving record that meets the criteria for being an Authorized Driver in accordance with Company policy
• Extensive knowledge of products sold in the Profit Center
• Use Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) to communicate via email, to maintain weekly sales plans, call reports, customer
contact files, and to analyze customer data.
• Build influential relationships and trust with customers and key vendor partners through open and interactive communication.
• Demonstrate deep product knowledge to answer customer questions and identify opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
• Develop a consultative mindset to understand our customer’s business, personal goals and invest in their success as a trusted
• Able to overcome customer objections by recommending profitable solutions, adding value beyond price.
• Able to build positive working relationships and inspire teamwork with co-workers.
• Possess excellent communication and listening skills, able to persuade.
• Self-directed with ability to plan and organize effective sales calls.
• Able to learn to operate warehouse material-handling equipment.
• Able to learn and operate the computer related systems used to process orders.
• Read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Minimum Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and other federal, state and local laws. Hajoca is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Sitting (in chair) - Sits for extended periods of time (20%)
• Standing - Remains in standing position for continuous periods of time (45%)
• Moving - Moves/traverses considerable distances (15%)
• Operating a motor vehicle - Occasionally, operates motor vehicle (20%)
• Lifting - Occasionally, moves materials weighing up to 80 pounds
• Carrying - Occasionally, carries materials weighing up to 80 pounds
• Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally, push/pulls materials weighing up to 125 pounds
• Strength level - Moderate
The following movements and senses are required in this job: Hand and finger dexterity, talking, hearing and vision.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both outside and within warehouses with limited or no climate control. In certain roles, Employees may be required to operate safety-sensitive vehicles and equipment (such as forklift trucks, mechanical lift gates, hand tools, manual material handling equipment, ladders, and rubber retention straps). The Profit Center may stock, sell, and use hazardous materials – PVC pipe cement, pool chemicals, torch gas, propane gas, solvents, etc. Based on your job responsibilities, and subject to applicable law, you may be required to handle these materials.
The health and safety of employees is a top priority at Hajoca. Hajoca provides safety training and protective equipment in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and other federal, state, and local laws. Employees are required to take proper health and safety precautions and follow all safety and health guidelines in accordance with Hajoca’s workplace policies and operating procedures, as well as federal, state, and local requirements.
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package, Hajoca also offers:
Full-time benefits (for team members working 30 or more hours per week):
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Life insurance and Long Term Disability
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time (sick time also offered to PT team members as required by state law)
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Background Screening StatementWe are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a criminal background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Albuquerque, NM, USA