Kohler Signature Store - Design and Sales Consultant
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Kohler Signature Store is one of those trade names and is looking for a Design and Sales Consultant at their Brooklyn location.
Pay: $30 per hour (based on experience) plus commission and manufacturer incentive plans
Shift: This is a 38-hour, five-day work week including Saturday or Sunday, 1/2 hour lunch
Your Opportunity: Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Or perhaps find a workplace you can call home? If so, the Kohler Signature Store Brooklyn wants you to join our team. The Sales Consultant Position has been created to ensure our Kohler Signature Store customers’ experience, expectations and product needs are met. You will develop your career as a top-selling design consultant in the decorative plumbing and hardware industry.
What you can expect in a Design and Sales Consultant at Kohler Signature Store Brooklyn:
- Reports to KSS Brooklyn Showroom Sales Supervisor.
- Collaborate with Supervisor with daily store traffic.
- Collaborate with customers on their orders and quotes in-store, on the phone and through e-mail.
- Monitor customer orders and bids.
- Address customer order issues.
- Address customer feedback for meeting with Showroom Sales Supervisor on daily customer issues.
- Participate in various customer events outside of business hours.
- Collaborate weekly with Showroom Sales Supervisor.
- Active training participation both in and out of your facility during and after business hours.
- Utilize all company policies and procedures.
- Inform Showroom Sales Supervisor of facility concerns.
- Address company sales quotas.
- Collaborate with team for weekly team meeting.
- Energetic personality that can quickly instill confidence in those whom they engage.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with clients on the phone and in person.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous decorative plumbing & hardware sales experience preferred.
- 2+ years customer service experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Skills Preferred:
Fluent in Spanish
Fluent in Mandarin
Fluent in Cantonese
About the Kohler Signature Store Brooklyn
We opened our doors on January 15th 2024 and are excited to be part of the Industry City community. Our new store gives us a great opportunity to reach a new clientele in the Brooklyn Market. We are part of the Hajoca Corporation (Founded in 1858), and our company continues to grow based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability”. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. They also handle tile and plumbing samples up to 10 pounds and are required to sit and stand throughout their 7.5-hour daily shift.
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package, Hajoca also offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $30.00
- Brooklyn, NY, USA