Delivery - non CDL - Driver
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Welker McKee is one of those trade names and is looking for a Non-CDL Driver at their Cleveland, OH location.
Driver Non-CDL Plumbing Wholesaler
Welker McKee of Cleveland (Independence) is a division Hajoca, the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, we have been blending the strengths and influence of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Do you enjoy being outside and meeting people? Do you excel on accurately helping new and established customers obtain the products their businesses need? Are you motivated to implement your creativity into a business and enjoy a fast paced environment? If so, then Welker McKee would like you to join the dedicated team at our Independence Ohio location as a daily Route Delivery Driver, Monday through Friday. Our team has been servicing the Northeast Ohio community for 114 years offering the very best in residential, commercial, & industrial plumbing and heating supplies.. During this time we have earned a reputation for being the industry leader. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers. We are looking for a career minded individual committed to superior service and success.
As a Driver with Hajoca your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving a Hajoca 26 foot box truck and operating it safely in compliance with Company rules and applicable laws and regulations.
- Safely load and secure the truck prior to making deliveries
- Unload correct merchandise and place it where the receiving party dictates
- Provide sales leads by noting prospective customer names, addresses, or needs discovered throughout the course of daily deliveries
- Inspect the truck and required parts to determine safe operating conditions prior to delivery and inform supervisor of any mechanical problems.
- Assist team members in servicing customers.
- No overnight travel. Only Northeast Ohio delivery routes.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a family setting where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
- · Generous Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- · Pension Plan
- · Optional 401K plan
- · Life insurance
- · Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- · Paid vacation and 10 paid holidays
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills and Experience:
As a Driver with Hajoca, you must be friendly, service-oriented, and have a high level of attention to detail. An unwavering commitment to safety is essential, as well as the ability to remain clam in stressful or unexpected situations. All driver team members must be able to maintain positive working relationships with vendors and customers and provide unparalleled customer service at all time.
All interested applicants must possess:
· High school degree or equivalent
· Be 21 years or older
· Possess a proper and valid driver’s license
· Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
· Know laws, rules and regulations governing driving motor vehicles and
commercial vehicles subject to DOT regulations.
· Familiar with operating 26 foot automatic box truck
· Pass a DOT physical examination prior to employment and every
following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
Our ideal candidate will also:
· Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
· Have 2+ years’ experience in a delivery or material handling environment
· Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
· Possess the ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material
· Possess basic computer literacy
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA