Fabrication Shop Hand
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Hajoca Fire Protection and Fabrication Services is one of those trade names and is looking for a Fabrication Shop Hand at their Richmond, VA location.
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you safety-conscious and service-oriented? Do you possess the attention to detail necessary to ensure the accurate fulfillment of customer orders?
If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our dedicated team as a Fabrication Shop Hand. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers. Fabrication teammates are responsible for quality fabrication, production, proper inventory management, stocking, and maintaining a safe and organized environment.
As a fabrication shop hand with Hajoca your specific duties will include but are not limited to:
• Plasma cutting pipe and steel plate and prep weld fittings using angle grinders and other various electric tools.
• Accurately be able to read cut sheet diagrams and pull a tape measure.
• Safely operate heavy machines such as a Landis threader
• Maintain proper maintenance on all heavy-duty equipment
• Driving a Hajoca truck and operating it safely in compliance with Company
• Stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness, organization and safety
• Pick materials for orders, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up
• Load/unload trucks and operate a forklift safely
• Monitor inventory levels and stock depletions that could impact customer service
All interested applicants must possess:
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• High school degree or equivalent
• The ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
• Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills
• The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
Our ideal candidate will also:
• Welding experience preferred but not required
• Fabrication experience preferred but not required
• Entry level position
• Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of steel pipe, fittings and fire protection related products
• Possess basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word)
• Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package, Hajoca also offers:
Full-time benefits (for team members working 30 or more hours per week):
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Life insurance and Long Term Disability
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time (sick time also offered to PT team members as required by state law)
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Background Screening Statement
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a criminal background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3900 Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA 23222, USA