Pipe Fabrication Sales Manager
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Hajoca Richmond is one of those trade names and is looking for a Pipe Fabrication Sales Manager at their Richmond South location.
Hajoca Corporation is seeking a Pipe Fabrication Sales Manager who will be responsible for the overall success and profitability of the fabrication business unit at our 3000 Cofer Road, Richmond, VA location. Responsibilities include Sales development, management, and oversight of the fabrication team and the daily processes and procedures to ensure the business unit’s profitability, safety, quality, and productivity. The Pipe Fabrication Sales Manager will be expected to meet with new and existing customers to sell them on the valuable services we offer.
- A track record of business development and growth through proactive sales outreach
- Experience interfacing with external clients and internal departments to plan work, manage work, and problem solve.
- History of implementing and managing quality control processes and procedures in a fabrication or manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading and managing a fabrication team, preferably pipe fabrication.
- Experience reviewing isometric drawings and performing material and labor take-offs.
- Experience with project management activities including cost analysis, cost projections, purchasing, billing, and job profitability.
- Prior responsibilities for the financial performance of a company or division.
- Ability to promote the capabilities of the fab shop to our customer base
- A detailed review of bid opportunities and lead the preparation of detailed, lump sum, or unit-based estimates and submission of proposal documents.
- Manage towards positive cash flow on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to manage backlog, develop and implement project schedules, and allocate resources to hit project delivery dates.
- Ability to plan work and identify capacity restrictions or gaps in work
- Ability to review performance metrics and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Constantly review staffing levels and perform all hiring responsibilities.
- Develop an annual budget and measure performance against the budget. Routinely update financial forecasts for the department.
- Embody and promote Hajoca’s safety culture and ensure strict adherence to safety processes and procedures
- Ensure all training, development, and performance management is executed for the team in adherence to Hajoca standards.
- Ensure cost projections are done accurately and timely.
- Manage quality control and ensure efficient integration of quality control throughout the manufacturing process.
- Oversight of all human resource activities for the department.
- Participate in safety meetings, incident reviews, and other risk management activities.
- Regularly review cost reports and other metrics, identify costs concerns and take immediate action to correct them.
- Review of all project documents to identify risks and opportunities and to develop a project execution plan.
- Strong sales skills. A proactive, self-starter who does not give up.
- Ability to close deals and generate repeat business
- In-depth knowledge of material specifications and fabrication procedures to include cutting, threading, grooving, welding, and t-drilling.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and ability to learn our quotations system.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills applied daily.
- Strong management and leadership skills to manage, organize, and direct the fabrication team to execute the daily activities at the shop.
- Strong technical knowledge based on a long history of varied experience and the ability to apply that technical knowledge to bid preparation/review and project execution.
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package, Hajoca also offers:
Full-time benefits (for team members working 30 or more hours per week):
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Life insurance and Long Term Disability
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time (sick time also offered to PT team members as required by state law)
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Background Screening StatementWe are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a criminal background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3000 Cofer Rd, Richmond, VA 23224, USA
- Richmond, VA, USA