Purchasing and Inventory Manager
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately-held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths; a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers (PCs), is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it were their own small business. A typical is the heart of our business and consists of a warehouse, counter, sales office, and (sometimes) a showroom. Our PCs conduct business under and offer a customized business approach, honoring what’s special about each local marketplace.
Hajoca Richmond South is one of those trade names and is looking for a Purchasing/Inventory Manager at their Richmond South location.
We are seeking a friendly and experienced Purchasing and Inventory Manager to join Hajoca Richmond South. As a Purchasing and Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process, ensuring that we have the right products available at the right time and at the right price. You will be working directly with the sales team to secure the best vendor for required job specs, pricing and availability. Your excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail will be crucial in securing the best deals with suppliers. If you are organized, proactive, and have a passion for purchasing, we would love to hear from you!
· Meet or exceed the Profit Center targets for fill rates/service levels, in stock rates, annual inventory turns, and slow-moving/devalued/overstock inventory levels.
· Negotiate with and maintain profitable partnerships with suppliers/vendors.
· Analyze product on hand and projected product sales.
· Create, process, and expedite vendor Purchase Orders to maintain desired product mix, optimum shelf quantities, and satisfy projected product sales.
· Maintain market intelligence and report changes in pricing levels and potential problem areas or conditions that could adversely affect the Company’s procurement position.
· Monitor vendor shipments and receipt of merchandise to ensure that they are within acceptable parameters established by the Profit Center Manager.
· Perform cycle counts, research, and resolve all inventory discrepancies.
· Perform required file maintenance to products, buy lines, price and buy matrices; communicate with Product File Administrator as necessary.
· Monitor customer returned goods and vendor merchandise returns to ensure timely processing and credit accuracy.
· Successfully complete required safety and compliance training programs as assigned.
· Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Able to analyze sales and procurement data and understand market trends to make the best purchasing decisions.
· Possess excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills.
· Able to build and maintain influential relationships with vendors, customers and co-workers.
· Energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Able to learn and operate the computer related systems used to create, process and expedite purchase orders, to control inventory, and to produce reports for analysis.
· Read, write, speak and understand English.
· Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Education, Training, Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1+ years purchasing and inventory control experience, wholesale distribution experience preferred
· Knowledge of Plumbing, HVAC, and Industrial products sold in the Profit Center preferred
· Use Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) to communicate via email, to maintain vendor contact files, appointment calendar, and to analyze vendor purchases and sales data
Highly Desired Experience, Skills
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field
· Extensive experience in specialized inventory/purchasing software. Solar Eclipse software would be ideal.
· Working knowledge of residential / commercial plumbing, HVAC, and Industrial / Mechanical products
· History of purchasing building materials. Pipes, valves and fittings purchasing highly desired
· Proven trackable history of building and fostering strong relationships
· Demonstrated commitment to gold level customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in chair) 77%
Lifting Occasionally up to 40 pounds
Carrying Occasionally up to 40 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Occasionally up to 60 pounds
Controls Use of both hands and arms and use of both feet and legs
Strength level Moderate
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, stooping, kneeling, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The incumbent is exposed to the following conditions in the job:
Outdoor weather, warehouses with no climate control, potentially hazardous equipment (such as forklift trucks, mechanical lift gates, hand tools, manual material handling equipment, ladders, and rubber retention straps). The Profit Center may stock, sell and use hazardous materials – PVC pipe cement, pool chemicals, torch gas, propane gas, solvents, etc. You may be required to handle these materials.
FLSA Status: Exempt
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package, Hajoca also offers:
Full-time benefits (for team members working 30 or more hours per week):
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Life insurance and Long Term Disability
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time (sick time also offered to PT team members as required by state law)
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Background Screening StatementWe are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a criminal background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA