10101 - Project Coordinator of Invest in NY
(Invest in NY) Project Coordinator
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
Invest in New York is a grant award (thru 2/28/24) to DOHMH to build and expand childcare capacity in neighborhoods designated as childcare “deserts.” An area is identified as a childcare “desert” if there are three or more children under the age of five per available childcare slot in local daycare centers, family day care, or group family day care programs. Lack of access to quality childcare prevents many families from returning to the workforce. Invest in New York aims to increase access to childcare in New York City.
Primary Location: 125 Worth Street, NY, NY 10013.
DOHMH is seeking a self-driven, detail-oriented professional skilled at planning to ensure the smooth operation of the Invest in New York grant program in NYC. The primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to provide guidance, oversight, coordination, and support, within the Bureau of Child Care and across the agency to build and expand NYC’s licensed childcare capacity.
- Coordinate with DOHMH Child Care Bureau leadership and grant staff, carrying out licensing, inspections, and background checks for grant applicants and awardees.
- Collect and compile process and outcome metrics for performance reports to leadership and the grantor.
- Create project plans, including delegation of tasks and establishing timelines for completion.
- Coordinate meetings, gather information from project staff, and monitor tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Report to leadership any barriers to achieving stated priorities and develop solutions to overcome these barriers.
- Identify programmatic deficiencies and implement corrective action plans.
- Assist with procurement, expense review, budget reconciliations, and recording of financial transactions for the grant.
- Act as a liaison internally with other DOHMH bureaus and offices to carry out grant activities.
- Project or grant management – 2 years
- Ability to set project priorities and adjust implementation strategies.
- Ability to work proficiently under pressure and to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, organization, and communication skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Hourly range is $ 30 to $35
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Medical, dental, and life insurance with low or no employee contribution
- A retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution
- Flexible spending medical and commuter benefits plan
- Generous and flexible work from home policy with up to three days working at home
- Fun hybrid office environment and passionate team
- Fun all staff events all year round
- Meaningful work at an organization striving to advance health equity and social justice
You must live in New York City Tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) in order to be considered for a position at FPHNYC.
To apply, upload Resume, including how your experience relates to this position. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
- Pay Type Hourly
- New York, NY, USA