Senior Analyst /Associate
Founded in 1993, DivcoWest is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC, Austin, and New York City. Known for our long-standing relationships and track record of success in innovation markets, DivcoWest combines entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach. As of Q1 2023, DivcoWest has over $18 billion in assets under management and has acquired or developed nearly 60 million square feet of commercial real estate primarily across the United States.
DivcoWest aims to create environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance the health, happiness, and well-being of all people. A disciplined code of ethics is at the core of all that we do. We believe that the collective energy of a diverse team is what drives our creative ideas and solutions.
The Senior Analyst/Associate will provide direct assistance to the various members of the Investment and Development Team in supporting the Acquisitions and Asset Management functions in the following areas: evaluating potential transactions, producing internal and external investment memorandums, developing business plans, assisting in the due diligence process, drafting internal, investor and lender presentations and evaluating the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to assist in the compilation of white papers on new potential markets to invest in or new product types within markets DivcoWest already invests in.
This is role requires 5 days in office at our San Francisco, CA location.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Recruiting@divcowest.com.
- Evaluate potential equity, debt, and development opportunities and build financial models using Argus Enterprise and Excel.
- Participate in the drafting and implementation of strategic business plans that will govern an asset’s daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition.
- Assist in creating investment memoranda.
- Assist with transaction due diligence responsibilities, which include supporting the acquisitions team to abstract leases, verify underwriting, review historical financials, conduct CAM reconciliations, and review property due diligence reports.
- Assist in acquisition closings process.
- Assist in acquisition financing process.
- Participate in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for investors and senior management.
- Participate in the valuation process of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytics team and consultants.
- Provide regular written and oral status reports and ad hoc reports on request.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong financial modeling skills. Broad understanding of real estate product types a plus
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with team members.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional business writing ability
- A strong interest in real estate investment.
- Self-managed, able to work well independently and within a small team.
- High level of initiative, strong work ethic and willingness to work across teams.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for 75% of the time working on a computer and attending virtual meetings.
- Occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office technology, and attend meetings etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a printer and presentation displays as well as operate marketing tools to capture photos and video.
- Move about outside the office to tour event venues, properties, and outdoor spaces.
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Full benefits
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- San Francisco, CA, USA