Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) and finance policies and procedures on a global basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as lead technical accounting subject matter expert on a global basis.
- Ensure appropriate U.S. GAAP accounting on a global basis, including inventory and related cost of revenues, revenue recognition, intercompany accounting and eliminations, equity transactions and other significant items.
- Ensure that financial results are reviewed for all markets for compliance with U.S. GAAP and perform and support internal control execution.
- Ensure that international and North America accounting teams are supported in compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal controls by providing appropriate guidance, documents, and maintaining ongoing communications.
- Ensure accounting for new transactions or new accounting standards are properly recorded and disclosed in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review contracts and agreements for any financial and accounting implications to the transactions.
- Manage the global closes process, including ongoing monitoring and ensuring events occur on a timely basis.
- Prepare and / or ensure timely preparation of accurate recurring consolidated financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, equity rollforward, statements of cash flow, and related footnote disclosures.
- Support process and ERP system initiatives and collaborate with IS and finance transformation initiatives in supporting the ongoing functionality and effectiveness of accounting systems.
- Develop accounting staff to ensure that their skill sets are developing, and their understanding of accounting standards are increasing.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to provide U.S. GAAP and control consideration compliance.
- Work with internal and external auditors, Tax Director and legal department on compliance and filings.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Every day.”
☒ Bachelor’s degree required.
Specific Area of Study: BS/BA in finance, accounting or related field.
☒ 12+ years relevant experience especially in medical device accounting and/or finance.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Proven experience developing and implementing internal controls, processes and accounting policies.
- CPA preferred.
- Prior experience in working in public company environment, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office required, especially Excel. Knowledge of accounting/finance systems a must.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Must be comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Accounting
- Job Function General Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $126,900.00
- Max Hiring Rate $210,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Westford, MA 01886, USA