Electrical Engineer 2
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Electrical Engineer to join our fast-paced and innovative R&D team. The individual will be responsible for medical device electrical subsystem modifications, specifications, and evaluations.
- Responsible for modifications to designs and implementation of circuit boards using analog, digital & power electronics circuits for high power medical laser and RF devices.
- Responsible for the component selection, electrical modifications, and design verification of system level integration of electronic subsystems.
- Plan and conduct functional, performance, compliance, and reliability tests utilizing advanced test methods and equipment.
- Hands on experience of PCB design using OrCAD Capture for schematics and Allegro or Layout for PCB design, component placement, routing, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of IEC/UL/ISO standards for medical device product design including requirements and constraints for PCB design, isolation design, and product safety.
- Focused engineering support to solve problems and/or evaluate tradeoffs during design and sustaining engineering process.
- Cross functional collaboration to ensure safe and quality design outputs in compliance with applicable medical device standards and processes.
- Participation in risk and usability assessment activities and for providing input for risk mitigation strategies.
- Work within project timelines completing the selection, prototyping, testing, and production release of changes.
- Embody and live Cynosure values.
☒ degree required
Specific Area of Study: BSEE/BSEET required
☒ 2 to 5 years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience: in a system design environment is required. Experience developing medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Must have competence in PCB level design, documentation, and production with an emphasis on power electronics, analog & digital electronics.
- Product support experience of systems, sub-assemblies and circuit boards is required.
- Knowledge of power electronics designs for laser applications using high voltage and current control with power devices (IGBT, MOSFET, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-2 and ISO13485
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Works well with others, is thorough and demonstrates good judgment.
- Takes responsibility for projects, requirements, and schedules.
- Inspire cooperation and success among the EE team.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Electrical Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $70,100.00
- Max Hiring Rate $108,200.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Westford, MA 01886, USA