Area Sales Manager - Chicago
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for lead generation and sales working with the District Manager to sell Cynosure’s line of innovative technologies and exceed territory sales objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Achieve territory sales objectives.
- Identify and qualify prospective customers, provide technical information, demonstrate company products and quote prices to customers.
- Responsible for account development and territory management.
- Maintain accurate records of prospective customers and competitive information.
- Acquire product knowledge through product training and competitive analysis.
- Assist District Sales Manager with creating a team culture that fosters high performance.
- Provide guidance to Territory Managers and Area Sales Managers regarding sales strategies and closing techniques.
- Attend company workshops and training centers.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Bachelor of Science preferred
- 2-4 years selling capital equipment preferably in the laser industry or B to B sales.
- Demonstrated sales accomplishments in a capital equipment environment.
- Experience developing relationships with customers.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and organized.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take a complicated process and simplify it to drive sales
- Strong, creative problem-solving and time management skills
- Must be able to influence and build effective relationships with team members in other functional areas
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☐Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☒Other (please specify): Travel required 50%-70%
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Field Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, IL, USA