Field Service Engineer - Sydney, Australia
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
The Field Service Engineer performs direct service activities on Cynosure medical aesthetic.
The role will focus approx. 25% of its time to provide service activities in the office; 75% of its time the role will provide a high level of service to customers on the installation, repair, service, maintenance, or enhancement of hardware and/or software products. Customers will be focused in NSW, Victoria and Queensland, with occasional need to support in other areas of Australia.
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Install instruments at customer sites.
- Repair, test, calibrate and install laser systems, sub-systems and/or sub-assemblies within KPIs
- Provide instrument and sample preparation training to customers.
- Provide emergency service and repairs and Preventative Maintenance as requested by customers.
- Report to supervisor any potential problems which could impact timely completion of assigned tasks, equipment shortcomings, and more complex equipment problems
- Maintain complete and accurate service records
- Interact with customers and monitor accounts
- Provide on-site technical support for workshops and/or shows
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- Provide technical support and business guidance remotely through call center on
non-scheduled service days.
- Promote service agreements to customers.
- Maintenance and accuracy of assigned inventory.
- Continually develop, exercise and maintain excellent customer relations skills
- Continually develop company and product Knowledge
- Special assignments and administrative duties as directed by Field Service Manager or designate.
- Maintain company assigned vehicle, tools, fixtures and test equipment in satisfactory condition.
- Participate in functional/company improvement projects
People & Leadership ResponsibilitiesClear communication to customers on issues and solutions
- Clear communication within team to allow best practice sharing and continuous improvement
- Advise less experienced team members as needed
- Familiarity with computers, DOS, Word and Excel, SalesForce
- Demonstrate familiarization with basic Laser technology and applications
- Focus on detail and accuracy
- Balance speed with safety
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
☐ Electronics / Electrical qualifications or equivalent Electrical trade
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
☐ Education and experience combination:
☐ Associate degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐ Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐ Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Area of Study: electronics or equivalent experience preferred
☒ 5 to 8 years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience:
- field service experience in troubleshooting medical electronics equipment
- Technically oriented with hands on Laser technical experience preferred
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- Potential Exposure to blood.
- Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, ender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Field Engineering
- Job Function Field Service
- Pay Type Salary
- Sydney NSW, Australia