Customer Development Manager - NSW
This role is responsible for developing, achieving, and managing the NSW customer base to achieve appointed sales targets and objectives. The candidate will develop and maintain effective customer relationships and can work independently to handle all sales activities selling the full Cynosure Product portfolio including capital units, consumables and Service Agreements.
Strategic Role Responsibilities
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products; anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting approach accordingly.
- Identify key opportunities and risks in the territory.
- Develop deep understanding of territory to maximize sales opportunities.
- Developing new customer acquisition strategies
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and incorporating in customer interactions
- Ensure efficient work plans and collaboration, including clinical, service, marketing, and sales teams.
- Review and improve territory business plan and update quarterly
Operational Role Responsibilities
• Sales process: Follow a disciplined sales process as directed by the Head of Sales. This will include territory planning, pre-call planning, in-call effectiveness, post call analysis and use of Salesforce CRM system.
• Completion of sales target: according to personal performance indicators, formulate the sales plan of the target market, conduct market research, screen the target customers to develop a sales pipeline that can achieve set sales targets.
• Market development: develop potential customers according to the sales target, market development plans and specific implementation plans of the Department.
• Customer Relationship Management: conduct routine customer visits, timely understand customer requirements, and invite exhibitors and suppliers through product training and promotion. Maintain smooth communication channels with customers and understand customer requirements at any time.
• Customer satisfaction: timely handle orders according to the company's order process, timely collect and feedback customer complaints, opinions, and suggestions through communication with customers, and urge the company to respond quickly to improve customer satisfaction.
• Effective use of resources: strictly implement the company's expense policy, make a good sales expense budget, understand the sales focus of each stage, evaluate the rationality of customers' demand for resources, determine the expense use mode, track the use effect, summarize, and improve in time, and improve the effectiveness of resource use.
• Develop potential customers according to the sales objectives, market development plans and specific implementation plans of the Department, understand the dynamics of customer demand, and feedback the progress of customer development to the sales manager in time, to achieve the sales objectives of the Department.
People & Leadership Responsibilities
• Ensure close collaboration with matrixed functions (Service, Marketing, Clinical Education) to build best-in class customer experience
• Support peers to truly function as ONE TEAM, share best practice and drive the team to continuous improvement towards sales excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Science, Medicine, Biology, Commerce, Marketing or Optics.
- 5+ years in medical device sales.
- Experience selling clinically. Experience selling capital equipment and/or to Dermatologists an advantage.
- Salesforce Knowledge is an advantage.
- Team player and customer centric
- Relentless hunger for achieving sales results
- Commercial /business acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrates resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
☐ Education and experience combination:
☐ Associate degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐ Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐ Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
☒ 5 to 8 years relevant experience
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Colour, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, ender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Field Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Sydney NSW, Australia