Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
The right candidate will be a technical expert with a broad range of hardware and systems level experience in the medical device industry. Responsibilities include providing technical support as part of the design engineering team, testing, and troubleshooting a broad range of electronics for high powered pulsed medical laser systems. Must have understanding of product life cycle and addressing issues following design guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and verify PCB test fixtures.
- Fabrication of test circuits, breadboard circuits and sub-assemblies including documentation and test.
- System trouble shooting for root cause analysis.
- System software testing and debugging
- Support manufacturing by debugging and troubleshooting issues.
- Conducts engineering tests and analyzes data to support recommended design changes when applicable.
- Assist engineers with design and development of new processes and/or products.
- Be a mentor and supervisor to other technicians.
- Understand design controls and quality system.
- Understand applicable standards and testing per those requirements.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”.
☒ Associate’s degree required
☒ Education and experience combination: Bachelor's degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☒ 5-10 years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience: Experience in electronics, power, medical or laser manufacturing, testing and troubleshooting required.
- Competence with analog & digital electronics with an emphasis on system level troubleshooting.
- Competence with surface mount soldering and PCB rework is required.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic system troubleshooting techniques, to the component level.
- Expertise using electronic tools, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power meters, etc.
- Demonstrated competence with hand rework soldering of surface mount PCB’s including 0603 and 0402 components.
- Experience with precision opto-mechanical and/or electromechanical assemblies.
- Systems integration experience including analog, digital & power electronics circuits.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, energetic, and disciplined.
- Works well independently and demonstrates good judgment. Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for projects, requirements, and schedules.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Systems Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $77,200.00
- Max Hiring Rate $127,380.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Westford, MA 01886, USA