AstenJohnson is looking to add a Night Shift Machine Operator at our Williston, VT facility.
Pay range of $26.50 - $28.00 depending on experience.
Pay increases with completion of each training grade level. Plenty of overtime opportunities.
We are also offering a $2,000 sign on bonus for all new hires.
The available shifts are Sun, Mon, Tues, every other Sat from 7pm-7am or Wed, Thurs, Fri, every other Sat from 7pm-7am.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
Operate a production line to produce high quality monofilament fibers. Work as part of a shift to maintain safe and efficient production with high quality standards.
- Operate and set up production line to extrude monofilament fiber in accordance with work order and safe work practices
- Perform change overs as part of a team
- Ensure filament is winding on spools correctly, adjust tension if necessary
- Make all changes to machines as required by Quality Assurance
- Box finished product and rack empty spools
- Document production related information and maintain machine related charts
- Clean machines and maintain production area
- Trouble-shoot machine when product does not meet specifications
- Work safely and wear proper PPE in accordance to all safety policies
- Perform additional tasks at the request of the Team Leaders
- Ability or read, write, communicate and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to use basic math concepts daily
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Positive attitude and team player
- Ability to problem solve
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Familiarization / experience / certifications with Lean Sigma concepts
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 55 pounds daily is required. Standing, walking for 10+ hours of shift is required. Candidate will be exposed to noise, warm temperatures and industrial equipment. Candidate must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company paid basic life insurance and AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Wellness programs including gym reimbursement
- 401(k) (with match for eligible associates)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sign-on bonus and referral bonus
- Paid holidays and vacation