Weaving Process Engineer
Weaving Process Engineer is responsible for the development and improvement related to monitoring of filament raw materials and the warping and weaving production processes.
This position will work closely with the Weaving Production Team to drive improvements to achieve plant safety, quality, and productivity goals through daily standard work and other improvement projects. This role also partners with New Product Development (NPD) to coordinate the development, trialing, and production qualification of new raw materials and weaving designs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot raw material, quality, and production issues.
- Identify and implement improvements in the warping and weaving production processes.
- Make product quality decisions based on product specifications and customer requirements.
- Use statistical process control techniques to monitor and control the fabric quality results through the warping and weaving production processes.
- Lead and participate in projects, Lean Six Sigma projects and/or Kaizen Blitz’s.
- Work closely with NPD to coordinate the development, trialing, and qualification of new raw materials and weaving designs.
- Provide technical support to production on warping and weaving related issues, and act as a resource for NPD, product management, and sales.
- Work with other AJ production sites to identify and transfer manufacturing best practices and assure standard procedures and quality requirements are known and met across AJ.
- Ensure that all scheduled audits (e.g., safety, ISO, etc.) are carried out in an efficient, timely, consistent, and accurate fashion.
- College Graduate, BS degree in Engineering
- Minimum of five years of relevant manufacturing experience preferred.
- Six sigma Green/Black belt certification and/or CI/Lean experience preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 preferred.
- Pay Type Salary
- Appleton, WI, USA