General Scope of Duties:
Operators will set up, maintain and operate machinery, ensuring efficient production. Operators are reliable and able to work with attention to detail and within safety standards. The operator in this position should have a willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with coworkers. The goal in this position is to ensure production procedures are carried out safely to maximize efficiency and profits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Safely operate and maintain various machines in a production environment.
- The Ability to be a back-up for the senior operator in case of an absence or scheduled day off
- Assist in training Helper(s) as needed.
- As an Operator you will work with slitters, roll formers, unwind stations, as well as set up, operate and maintain equipment as needed.
- Operate and maintain various forklifts and other equipment.
- Perform in-progress inspections and post job inspections of your product, as directed by management.
- Set all machine information such as speed, size and shape before operation begins. Ensure machines are calibrated and re-calibrated before and after production procedures. Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
- Strictly adhere to client job specifications.
- Meet or exceed quality assurance and safety standards.
- Accurately complete all paperwork needed to ensure job production information is documented.
- Load and unload delivery trucks, trailers etc.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks as required.
- Other duties as required/ needed.
Preferable Position Requirement:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum six months experience as an Operator in a Nonwovens enviroment.
- Successful completion in-house slitter, forklift, and needle operations.
- Capable of reading and understanding production and safety manuals.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully work in a fast-paced, high volume warehouse environment.
- Ability to create and maintain a respectful work environment.
- Reliability and willingness to work 60 hours per week to meet deadlines.
- Must be in compliance with all safety guidelines at all times.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50- 75 lbs.
1st Shift- 7 AM- 7 PM
2nd Shift- 7 PM- 7 AM
Reports to Production Team Leader
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Effort & Working Conditions: This position will work in a plant environment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- WACO Site, 501 Tirey Road, Waco, Texas, United States of America