Security Trained Driver
Crisis24, a GardaWorld company, is widely regarded as the leading integrated risk management, crisis response, consulting, and global protective solutions firm, serving the world's most influential people, disruptive brands, and prominent organizations. Championed by our advanced Global Operation Centers and our skilled team of intelligence analysts, we offer highly specialized services, security and consulting, with the technology and AI to power it all across the globe.
At Crisis24, we go beyond mere employment; we pave the way to a realm where your skills become instrumental in shaping global security, guiding clients through a multifaceted and challenging landscape. Your journey with us will be deeply fulfilling, driven by a powerful sense of purpose and accomplishment.
Within our thriving environment, you'll discover abundant chances for both personal and career advancement. Seize this moment to push your limits, broaden your expertise, and elevate your professional journey to unprecedented levels. Join the Crisis24 team today and be a part of something extraordinary where growth and impact converge.
More information is available at www.crisis24.garda.com.
Superior to chauffeurs, the primary function of the Secure Driver is to transport the principals (including family members) safely to/from all locations. Secure Drivers will have strong familiarity with the local region, including best routes to all the locations to be visited, locations of hospitals and safe havens relevant to the site locations and a thorough knowledge of all vehicles designated for protective operations.
• Transport senior executive, family, and guests to and from specified destinations (business meetings, appointments, personal functions, airports, as directed.)
• Remain alert for unusual or irregular conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards. • Report and advise on any risks and/or incidents that may impact the senior executive, his family or guests relating to travel safety and security.
• Perform all the duties of a professional driver utilizing all the traditional best practices.
• Part of their responsibilities is to conduct route surveys and advances when possible • Be vigilant and maintain constant awareness of surroundings
• Know locations of all hospitals on the route and in the surrounding areas of meetings • and events
• Identify Safe Havens, known locations of Police stations, Military bases, government buildings, etc. (In case of an emergency, all of these locations will have a security presence)
• Know current intelligence to avoid demonstrations, high crime areas, etc. by coordinating with the 24/7 G-SOC as needed.
• Maintain safe and comfortable driving conditions at all times. Respect all driving laws.
• Vehicles to be kept in pristine roadworthy conditions at all times and ensure the car is always full of gas and that the spare tire and jack are in good order.
• Ensure each vehicle is equipped with communications, flashlight, med kit, AED, and fire extinguisher
• Coordinate with the EA/Principal daily for travel security planning or follow Executive Protection Agents’ instructions when planning logistics and groundwork.
• Identify and coordinate with emergency services, including police, fire, ambulance and coast guard services and hospitals as relevant to secure transport service in the area.
• Maintain all protective service perishable skills such as firearms, medical, and driving, through sustainment training
*This Job Description is not a comprehensive list of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at the discretion of the leadership at any time with or without notice.
KASO (knowledge, aptitude, skills and other)
• Security Trained Drivers understand the concept of security and will have taken basic driver training • They are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of passengers at all times
• Driver is to be first aid and CPR qualified
• Common Sense Security • Security and risk mitigation expertise
• Industry and client service acumen • Have a current understanding of all local and state use of force laws • Fluently read, speak, and write the English language
• Ability to work independently while establishing relationships with colleagues and clients
• Demonstrated history of maintaining strict confidentiality
• Effective conflict resolution skills, and expected to display high levels of emotional intelligence, and professional appearance in every contact
Work Environment Exposure to several natural elements may include heat, cold, rain, snow, and high winds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift objects up to 100 pounds and stand and sit for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
• Must possess valid DL
• High School diploma or GED
• Former Military / LEO strongly preferred
• Successful Completion of a Certified Protective Driving School
• Excellent Driving Record, no moving violations in the last 3 years
• Graduate of a Security Driving Course preferred
• Current CPR/AED/FIRST Aid certification
• Current Guard Card (if applicable)
• Current Exposed Firearms Permit
• Valid State driver license
*Must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
Crisis24 Executive Protection Division is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates/ employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Protect the data and systems of Crisis24 and its stakeholders by adhering to policies, reporting incidents and potential problems, completing regular training, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Crisis24, A GardaWorld Company is dedicated to equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable laws.
- Job Family GPS - EP
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $50.00
- Max Hiring Rate $57.00
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA