At Crisis24, A GardaWorld Company, we take a proactive approach to solving business challenges and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work – and it’s why we’re so successful. It takes an entire team to stand behind something big. Interested?
Title: Product Manager
As a member of the Product Management team, this role is responsible for driving business value for Crisis24 while delighting our customers. The person in this role will shepherd a portfolio of product features from concept to end-of-life: developing, maintaining and realizing the vision for the product, being familiar with its design, architecture and features, and knowing and representing the customer needs at all times. This includes owning relevant artifacts and facilitating related processes, such as the product roadmap, product backlog, product releases, go-to-market approaches, pricing and packaging, post-launch maintenance and product profitability. To optimize their portfolio for success, this role always considers the larger Crisis24 ecosystem – providing the bridge between business and technology, and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) as well as their fellow product team members.
T his particular position's portfolio would primarily be focused on supporting risk management workflows.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
The core duties are listed below, but there may be other related tasks as directed by line management from time-to-time.
- Identifies and owns the customer needs and problems, both for existing customers and the larger prospective market.
- Understands the overall market and competitive dynamics for offerings within their portfolio (or the equivalent thereof).
- Iteratively develops product and feature requirements and acceptance criteria – consulting with clients, sales, and other stakeholders internally and externally – including outlining the market/customer problems we are trying to solve and business goals we are trying to achieve.
- Supports go-to-market activities, including communicating internally, assisting Marketing with external communications, collateral and other product marketing elements, coordinating the set-up and execution of internal and customer-facing Beta programs, initiating updates to Sales and Contract Management tools, and ensuring support for Demos and Trials.
- Demonstrates the product capabilities to customers and internal stakeholders as necessary, for existing features and new releases, and documents feedback.
- Identifies and defines opportunities within their portfolio for increasing internal efficiencies to provide a better quality, reduced costs, and/or increased productivity.
- Prioritizes and specifically defines that which is most valuable to Crisis24 to be delivered next for the product, and is able to clearly articulate this value.
- Is the primary creator of the stories and scenarios that comprise the product requirements.
- Works with UX on design and refinement of the user interaction.
- Participates in meetings involving key members of senior leadership as well as peers, and presents updates on their product.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of personas relevant for their offerings.
- Creates and manages the subscription model, packaging and overall purchasing model for the go-to-market offerings within their portfolio.
- Monitors the usage, profitability and ROI for their product, as part of the product lifecycle management.
- Uses analytics to gauge user adoption, observe user behavior, and make data-driven priority decisions.
Interaction with Delivery & Engineering teams
- Presents comprehensive requirements to engineering during grooming, to achieve refinement of stories.
- Understands Agile/Scrum methodologies and supports iterative design and continuous improvement practices
- Attends applicable scrum ceremonies, with guidance from the Technical Delivery Managers.
- Answer questions from developers, clarifies requirements, and describes priority for the product development.
- Collaborates with Engineering leadership on Buy/Build/Partner decisions pertaining to product development within their portfolio.
Experience, Functional, and Technical Requirements:
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, software, or another relevant field is desired.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product ownership, or business analysis relating to software development.
- Demonstratable experience engaging with customers to understand their unmet needs and explain clearly which of their problems the product suite can solve.
- Collaborative individual with a pragmatic/flexible attitude who can effectively work across teams internally and also with customers.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and make decisions.
- Attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and actively listen to customer requirements.
Reporting and Place of Work
- It is desirable that the candidate be located near Crisis24’s regional office in Annapolis, MD, United States.
- Position holder must have the right to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Position holder would have to pass a pre-employment check.
Crisis24, A GardaWorld Company is dedicated to equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable laws.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Annapolis, MD, USA