Network Specialist (Media)
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
Christie is a leading technology-driven media company dedicated to delivering exceptional content and experiences across multiple platforms. We pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve and pushing the boundaries of media technology. We are currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable SMPTE 2110 Network Specialist to join our team and help us continue to innovate in the media industry.
- Design, implement, and manage SMPTE 2110-based media networks to support the company's live production, post-production, and content distribution workflows.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies that optimize media network performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on SMPTE 2110 and related technologies, providing guidance and support to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Analyze and monitor network performance metrics, identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending solutions to enhance overall network efficiency and user experience.
Develop and maintain detailed documentation of SMPTE 2110 network infrastructure, configurations, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues related to SMPTE 2110, ensuring minimal disruption to production workflows.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends related to SMPTE 2110, and recommend appropriate innovations to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology vendors and partners in the SMPTE 2110 ecosystem.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and security standards.
What we are offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched 401 K pension plan.
You will have opportunities to gain experience, grow and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you are working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight – your contributions will have influence.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in network engineering, with a strong focus on SMPTE 2110 and professional media networking.
- In-depth knowledge of SMPTE 2110 standards, as well as related technologies and protocols, such as PTP, NMOS, and multicast networking.
- Experience with network design and architecture, including IP routing, switching, and Quality of Service (QoS) implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of collaboration and relationship-building.
- Familiarity with industry regulations and security standards.
Professional certifications, such as CCNP, CCIE, or other relevant certifications, are highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Willingness to stay current with evolving media network technologies and trends.
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.)
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze
- Perform calculations
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Salary
- Phoenix, AZ, USA