Database Administrator - SQL DBA
Job Title: Database Administrator
Years of Experience: 6+ years
Location: Chennai One (IT Park) - Thoraipakkam
Oversees all database systems to assure platform stability and customer value. Provides tasking and direction to junior-level DBAs, and proactively analyzes, implements, interprets and troubleshoots the design and architecture of OEConnection’s database infrastructure. Leads and/or participates in related projects and activities; complies with company database standards, policies, procedures, and best practices.
Key Responsibilities & Duties (essential to the job)
- Designs, implements, deploy/builds and troubleshoots database infrastructure (e.g. maintenance and monitoring components).
- Assesses database server metrics from monitoring, security and alert events to determine appropriate actions/solutions to remediate problems.
- Assists developers in analysis of problematic queries and compiled objects (e.g. stored procedures, functions, etc) to recommend tuning changes and sharing optimization techniques.
- Works to maintain the database fleets performance through continual review of server metrics then tuning of database maintenance and server configuration. In addition this involves recommending optimizations for the application team to their queries and schema design.
- Continual maintenance of server patch levels and upgrade of server versions across the environment to maintain database product support and general platform stability.
- DevOps teams when necessary to assess database change and provides recommendations on database change deployment processes. This may include optimizing CI\CD automation processes in conjunction with the DevOps team.
- Leads and participates in select database architecture and design projects and activities.
- Identifies, recommends and champions improvements to database infrastructure that increases performance, reduces cost, improves availability, and/or provides more value to customers.
- Adheres to and complies with company database standards, policies, procedures, and best practices; assists with creating and/or updating, as dictated by business needs.
- Coaches and guides junior-level database administrators’ technical and business skills.
- Assesses security risks across the platform in coordination with Security and compliance teams.
- Determines appropriate levels of access for users based on database security best practice, internal policy and regulatory requirements (e.g. GDPR).
- Prepare and design system for disaster recovery scenario’s and high-availability requirements.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, with a focus in information technology/science, or related discipline. In the absence of a degree, equivalent work experience directly related to the key responsibilities of the role will be considered as a substitute for the degree.
Experience, Skills and Key Competencies
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration in a multiserver multi-database environment, plus thorough understanding of the principles and practices of database administration such as terms, concepts, database software installation/configuration, and operational characteristics of Microsoft SQL.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong individual contributor and team player attributes when working on and/or leading projects within the department.
- Ability to work cross functionally and communicate company database information to developers, management team members and others as needed.
- Ability to understand and modify T-SQL/ANSI SQL code.
- Ability to understand shell scripts primary Windows DOS and PowerShell and Linux/UNIX Bash (experience not mandatory but willingness to learn is a must).
- Familiarity with server deployable database platforms primarily with SQL Server and additionally with MySQL (experience not mandatory but willingness to learn is a must) as well as Cloud database platforms including primarily Azure PaaS (SQL DB) and AWS RDS (experience not mandatory but willingness to learn is a must).
- Ability to quickly learn and understand OEC business processes, projects, goals, objectives, constraint, and timelines.
- Relaxed, safe, friendly work atmosphere and flexible working patterns
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Retiral benefits, Employee referral bonus, Annual Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Access to online courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Group Medical Insurance
- ICICI Multiwallet Food Coupon
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Pay Type Salary
- MCN Nagar Extension, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600096, India