Software Engineer - Java
Job Title: Software Engineer (Java)
Years of Experience: 3 to 6 years
Location: Chennai One (IT Park) - Thoraipakkam
Develops one or more large complex web applications and creates enhancements to existing applications to meet business requirements. Works with management and across teams to develop application requirements and ensure business objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities & Duties (essential to the job)
- Performs code development, leads design decisions, and helps drive programming activities requiring business, functional and systems research and analysis.
- Provides technical leadership to development teams through delivery of large, complex projects.
- Adheres to set project delivery processes and follows scheduled plans and timelines utilizing established programming/development guidelines to meet key activity goals.
- Leverages existing code or utilities and seeks opportunities for reuse.
- Demonstrates problem-solving relating to code, documentation, and recurring problems and individually or as a team member, resolves issues.
- Offers production support as aligned with service level agreements. Participates in post-production support.
- Interacts regularly with cross-functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Support, and Operations to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
- Performs unit and integration testing to validate and ensure code integrity, and support for assigned products.
- Participates and supports the development team during production deploys. Acts as the primary contact for deploys.
- Translates customer requirements into technical requirements and helps drive the estimation process.
- Fulfills assigned commitment relating to projects and project management.
- Assists architectural design of major/strategic projects and recommends technical performance improvements.
- Collaborates with other senior-level developers and provides technical leadership to the team, relating to specific projects and initiatives as required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, with a focus in Information Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related discipline. In the absence of a degree, equivalent work experience directly related to the key responsibilities of the role will be considered as a substitute for the degree.
Experience, Skills and Key Competencies
At least 3 years of prior experience in web application development, with 3 or more years in core java design and development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex applications. Previous work responsibilities must include a background and experience with:
- One or more of the following: microservices, Docker, AWS, HTML, CSS, Typescript, React.
- Solid understanding of OO concepts and design patterns.
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries, preferably with SQL Server.
- Experience with creating REST APIs.
- Care deeply about automated testing.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Micronaut, Groovy, Grails, Spring, Hibernate, Android, and iOS.
Must also be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships across teams and individuals with varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to quickly learn and gain an understanding of company products and technology components.
- Solid understanding of application security.
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with taking ownership of a problem or task and independently moving work forward with limited guidance.
- Relaxed, safe, friendly work atmosphere and flexible working patterns
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Retiral benefits, Employee referral bonus, Annual Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Access to online courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Group Medical Insurance
- ICICI Multiwallet Food Coupon
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Pallavaram Ring Road, Channai 1 Etc Tower, Pallavaram-Thuraipakkam Rd, MCN Nagar Extension, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097, India