Systems Support Technician
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a skilled Systems Support Technician to join our global business technology services team.
- Support Christie employees in the use of client systems and network applications.
- Build/Configure/Deploy client systems (laptops and PCs)
- Repair of employee computers and devices.
- Support of client operating system and local applications.
- Assist / Train employees on the use of Christie’s online Business applications.
- Perform equipment relocation and setup for inner office moves
- Create and terminate accounts as needed in various Business applications.
- Ship new and repaired client systems to remote employee’s
- Perform remote tech support for remote user community as required.
- Document processes for team members or user community as required.
- Document all work performed, and as directed in BTS work order database.
- Manual and Administrative work that can be assigned at any time:
- Prepare purchasing documents and execute purchases.
- Pack and unpack hardware/software for shipping and receiving
- Ship/Receive new/repaired client systems to/from vendors/customers
- Count and record hardware and software media/licenses in inventory.
- Maintain inventory and stock levels set by management
- Track/document movement of hardware and software as assigned.
- Physically remove clutter, organize, relocate, and clean BTS workspace and equipment as required.
- Relocate, Assemble, Disassemble, or Mount equipment as required
- Perform backups and handle backup media as assigned
What we're offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched 401 K pension plan. You will have opportunities to gain experience, grow and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you are working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight – your contributions will have an influence.
The experience and skills we value:
- High School Degree
- Some College.
- Computer Networking, Systems A++
What will put you ahead:
- JD Edwards experience.
- Some knowledge in engineering and high- tech applications.
- Ability to maintain a professional and cooperative working relationship with other team members.
- Be willing and able to work outside of normal work hours as required.
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.)
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze.
- Perform calculations.
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $51,501.00
- Max Hiring Rate $57,939.00
- Cypress, CA, USA