Rotterdam, Netherlands Req #3128
July 17, 2023
The Logistics Coordinator acts as the primary point of coordination providing service delivery to our clients and their assignees whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service.
The Logistics Coordinator will be the first point of contact for the moving aspects of an employee’s relocation. They will support and organize the movement of household goods and personal items for our client’s assignees. They will be responsible for guiding the employee through the process ensuring that you provide an excellent level of customer service. The Logistics Coordinator will have strong organisation skills, problem-solving abilities, cultural awareness and time management abilities.
Functions and Responsibilities
60% Communicate Proactively, Build Relationships & Ensure Customer Quality
- Set move expectations and proactively anticipate the customer's needs. Handle customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and empathy.
- Phone and e-mail transferee and/or accounts wherever they might be globally, involves occasionally working outside of standard business hours. Summer is our busy season, and customers sometimes need us outside of regular working hours.
- Manage and monitor customer expectations, requests and issues timely and effectively.
- Maintain minimum quality service score as defined by our IMC Scorecard.
- Full accountability for the success of each assigned move.
- Coordinate and communicate the logistics, pricing, move details and troubleshoot/resolve any process glitches.
- Phone and e-mail agent contact with overseas household goods moving agents.
- Phone and e-mail contact with our supply chain in the US/Canada/Overseas (steamship lines, port brokers, truckers).
- Communicate and report back to national accounts/bookers as required
- Identify areas for enhancement or improvement; work with management to systematically resolve.
- Internal Support
- Coordinate with various departments such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, claims network management and account management to ensure proper completion of all aspects of a move.
10% Logistics Department
- Follow pre-defined move management process and our proprietary workflow system tasks as defined by the book of business and shipment workflow.
- Anticipate, plan and ensure the most efficient and cost-effective shipment routing based on customer requirements.
- Select and coordinate with the best household goods movers at origin and destination, truckers and freight lines (ocean/air/road) to best forward the shipment according to account requirements.
- Partner with customs and other governmental agencies as required.
- Mitigate adverse financial impact of problematic situations through use of technical knowledge, established business contacts and persistence.
10% Move Administration
- Data integrity: Document within the Globalcom/PROMOVE/Navision systems all customer, agent and move information including revenue, expense and correspondence/action taken.
- Paperwork and file management: responsible for all shipping documentation and timely forwarding to destination agent, port agent, inland carrier etc. while minimizing paper files by utilizing system notes and scanning capabilities.
- Enable billing: Ensure all updated revenue information is complete and all relevant paperwork to support accurate and timely billing is delivered while partnering with billing staff.
- Work disputes/exceptions: Prioritize the prompt investigation and resolution of all revenue disputes and expense exceptions
- Claims initiation: Ensure that the proper documents are prepared and passed to the claims group. Ensure the customer understands the requirements of filing a claim and support the follow-through.
10% Customer Satisfaction & Exception Resolution
- Manage and monitor the customer/vendor expectations, requests and issues timely and effectively
- Negotiate with vendors, agent partners and network offices to settle discrepancies.
- Adhere to set goals to ensure the KPI’s are met
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Minimum 2 years of industry/freight forwarding experience OR 3 years of related customer service experience
- Basic geographical knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills: understanding of rev, expense margin, basic math (calculate weight, density, CWT, rates, etc), data-based problem solving
- Ability to identify potential problems and develop creative solutions without immediate direction or supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to function as part of a team while acting as a self-starter
- Ability to manage deadlines, multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills, business etiquette and interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and job-related systems
- Strong preference for secondary language skills
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelors/Graduate degree preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Rotterdam, Netherlands